Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite doughnuts?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Friday morning is my vegetarians-only egg-roll club at work. There's only three of us, each of us pasty and feeble, and even in battle each week for who should pay - yes, i am making out all vegetarians to be generally more generous a people than the average run-of-the-abattoir goose-gut-swallower. I arrive at work 30 minutes early, log-in to my computer and telephone, and then leave to go to the cafe, knowing i can relaxingly scoff without me considered late when management can be bothered to go over my electronic timekeeping. Anywho, the egg sandwich goes down, with either brown sauce or mustard and a sprinkle of salt, and then i walk in to our beige open-plan office to find Pat, a lovely, begoggled and pickled-faced lady in her 50s, has gotten in her regular round of Tesco doughnuts of both the jam and custard variety. She delivers to me personally a jam one. Only a couple of months ago my tummy told me it was impossible to process both the egg roll AND the doughnut, so to Pat i have had to renege on her offer. This has helped my Friday statistics as if devouring both i am down in the disabled toilets for half an hour, late morning, firing out hot bumpiddle.
Anyway, i sort of miss those doughnuts a little. They were perhaps 1.72 million times better than the Tesco test range i had bought very much earlier in the year, which were cheese & onion mini doughnuts. An astonishingly foul concoction. 20 of them in a sad-looking blue bag. I offered them around and people accepted, with a sickened wonder, before spitting them violently into the nearest bin. Oddly, though, my stomach could handle a couple of them. Maybe it didn't understand how the three things could be together and put it into its "miscellaneous" box, allowing them to go through without any other processing than their original mastication upon entry.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Friday morning is my vegetarians-only egg-roll club at work. There's only three of us, each of us pasty and feeble, and even in battle each week for who should pay - yes, i am making out all vegetarians to be generally more generous a people than the average run-of-the-abattoir goose-gut-swallower. I arrive at work 30 minutes early, log-in to my computer and telephone, and then leave to go to the cafe, knowing i can relaxingly scoff without me considered late when management can be bothered to go over my electronic timekeeping. Anywho, the egg sandwich goes down, with either brown sauce or mustard and a sprinkle of salt, and then i walk in to our beige open-plan office to find Pat, a lovely, begoggled and pickled-faced lady in her 50s, has gotten in her regular round of Tesco doughnuts of both the jam and custard variety. She delivers to me personally a jam one. Only a couple of months ago my tummy told me it was impossible to process both the egg roll AND the doughnut, so to Pat i have had to renege on her offer. This has helped my Friday statistics as if devouring both i am down in the disabled toilets for half an hour, late morning, firing out hot bumpiddle.
Anyway, i sort of miss those doughnuts a little. They were perhaps 1.72 million times better than the Tesco test range i had bought very much earlier in the year, which were cheese & onion mini doughnuts. An astonishingly foul concoction. 20 of them in a sad-looking blue bag. I offered them around and people accepted, with a sickened wonder, before spitting them violently into the nearest bin. Oddly, though, my stomach could handle a couple of them. Maybe it didn't understand how the three things could be together and put it into its "miscellaneous" box, allowing them to go through without any other processing than their original mastication upon entry.
Eat some MEAT. You aren't portraying a good advert for VEGETARIANISM if you are always ill.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
And I REALISE my English was appalling in that last post, because I am drunk.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Sun-dried tomato and basil.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
custard donuts
but they are in the dim and distant past
but I can dream can't I

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
spdonut3jan.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpeg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
4 pages of donut discussion and no mention of Palace?

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
custard donuts
but they are in the dim and distant past
but I can dream can't I

I rather like the Caramel custard donut at Greggs. In fact that is the only thing worth going into Greggs for

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tesco do some under-cooked jam ones, where you get to eat raw dough.

Jul 7, 2003
The Waitrose Chocolate Berliner (no relation to Herr Tubthumper) is the king of doughnuts. The solid dough, chocolate fudge topping but more importantly, the chocolate ganache in the middle, make this a damn fine doughnut.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here