Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your favourite courtroom based film.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I bloody love A Few Good Men, so many great quotable lines. I have a hard on for anything Sorkin does so really need to get round to watching The Trail of the Chicago 7 one of these days.
Deffo, it oozes Sorkin.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
One of my favourite old british films is The Boys staring Dudley Sutton (Tinker from Lovejoy)

It's based around a group of Teddy boys in London in the early 60's, the story is told from the courtroom as part of their cross examination.

Attachments

• 91lPkq2NG5L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    91lPkq2NG5L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 25
  • MV5BZjQ2Y2JjNmUtMDRiMS00N2RmLWE4MTgtNmM2YjUwZjA5NGRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTI2MjI5MQ@@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BZjQ2Y2JjNmUtMDRiMS00N2RmLWE4MTgtNmM2YjUwZjA5NGRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTI2MjI5MQ@@._V1_.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 27

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
And whilst it's not a film 'The Night of' with the very underrated John Turturro is an incredible piece of television.

Riz Ahmed's character transformation through the film is very well executed. Definetly in my top 5 HBO productions.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This was the very first one that popped into my mind. An extraordinary theatre experience if you've ever had the good fortune to see it.

The Crucible

It has been filmed twice, most recently in 1996. The latter was a critically acclaimed commercial flop. I must confess I had never heard of it (the film), so I offer it for comment rather than recommend it from experience.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
This was the very first one that popped into my mind. An extraordinary theatre experience if you've ever had the good fortune to see it.

The Crucible

It has been filmed twice, most recently in 1996. The latter was a critically acclaimed commercial flop. I must confess I had never heard of it (the film), so I offer it for comment rather than recommend it from experience.
"Why do you come yellow bird?"

It's an absolute classic for GCSE Drama classes. It's a great play. I always played Danforth, it truly was something.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
With Judgement at Nuremburg and Adam's Rib, that's at least three Spencer Tracy films on this thread. One of the greatest actors ever who never seemed to look as if he was acting.
100% this.
And I just looked on Wikipedia and his middle name is Bonaventure. Superb.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
At last, a useful discussion. Thanks for all the tips. I love a good legal/courtroom drama me. Might have missed it but I don’t think anyone’s mentioned Primal Fear. It’s on Netflix and worth a go if you like a good twist.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Sophie Scholl
I don't think I could bear to see it. I lived near Munich and went to the White Rose Museum and saw the other monuments and plaques. One of the saddest stories ever, and one of the bravest people I've ever heard about. So heartbreaking.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Amistad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here