Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your family tree.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My mum has spent most of her retirement doing ours. Lots of famous names keep cropping up, as I'm sure they do on everyones. Apparently I share great x8-ish grandparents with Wills and Harry - I'm assuming that puts me 16,000,000th in line for the throne?

My liesh

😄

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It is well known that some of Hitler's descendants live in the suburban part of New Jersey and that some of their friends know who they are. One newspaper writer wrote about their feelings of being related to Hitler. The most revealing thing about the story is that this family were actually extraordinary people. They were extremely successful at their professions and well educated. Many descendants from imimgrants to America post WWII have fully assimilated into society.

When we lived in South Africa, we knew a family who changed their name from hitler to hilfer. Seemly they were a very distant relation to the Austrian hitler family.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Back to 1600 on one of the quarters. My parents have a lot of fun researching, even if it requires spending a lot of time in graveyards.

Not so,huge amount of detail online, go to Ancestry which requires a subscription unless you use PCs in the library.

Only interested in a direct line for both parents, there are some who end up with hundreds of relatives

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not so,huge amount of detail online, go to Ancestry which requires a subscription unless you use PCs in the library.

Only interested in a direct line for both parents, there are some who end up with hundreds of relatives

They do both, but it is a bit more exciting to go to the graves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here