Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
there's no way heskey isn't going

cappello loves him, he links up well with rooney

NO WAY is he not going

Quite.

Go back and watch our near spotless qualifying campaign, see if you can see why Heskey was such a MASSIVE part of our success.

If that doesn't do it, read a book about tactics by Jonathan Wilson or similar, and learn about what a player like Heskey can give a team with players like Rooney and Lampard etc.

If you still don't understand why Heskey will be STARTING against the USA, learn how to spell the word F O O T B A L L.

Beyond that, I can't help you.

:facepalm:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone else agree that over the course of this season, James Milner has been far better than Steven Gerrard?

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
Also i think Tom Huddlestone has had a cracking season, Been head n Shoulders above Barry and Carrick imo. Does anyone think he stands a chance of going to South Africa???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ledley King proved tonight that he is a class act. I totally buy the notion he's probably not up to 7 matches in a month, especially as it will also involve training which he doesn't do with Spurs, but if Terry or Ferdinand are out there's no one I'd rather step in to the fray than Ledley.

Dawson's also worthy of a place. Upson and Lescott can go do one as far as I'm concerned, they've done nothing to impress me and nothing to strike fear into any opposition forward.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I am,telling you now take Ledley King and you will regret it.

What's your logic? He's just played 3 matches in 10 days, he was MoM tonight, he even scored in the match Spurs lost vs United and has played twice as many matches this season as Ferdinand.

In many respects you at least know what you'll get with King. Ferdinand, back injury, on the other hand, is an unquantifiable worry. The chances of Terry and Ferdinand each playing 630 minutes in the tournament is unlikely, and do you honestly think Upson, Lescott or Brown are going to cope with Messi, Torres, Villa or Kaka?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here