Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your England Team!!!!

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
mine would be.

..............................Robinson..................................

Young..............Rio................Terry.............Carragher

Beckham.........Gerrard.......Lampard........Richardson

..........................Crouch......Owen..........................

Personally i would like to see Richardson play instead of cole just to provide more balance.

And i would like to see bent play but i feel this may be abetter partnership and could benefit Owen

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Young..............Campbell.......Terry.............Carragher

Beckham.........Gerrard.......Lampard.............Cole......

.......................Rooney...........Owen..........................

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
No Rio - Campbell instead. If Campbell is not up to the 90 minutes, then Rio as a half time change round. Rio is not playing well at the moment.

Would like to see Defoe get thrown in at some point, for no other reason than the guy as an almighty ego and would be out to prove a point.

Bent as well - on form at the moment, but I don't know whether I would rather see him or Owen start.

I still don't reckon Crouch, although I must be one of the few in the country who doesn't - but I don't know who else to put in there are a big tall bastard who will attract high balls and fouls!

Will Beckham be up for the match, considering his late joining of the squad and his family problems? If I was him, I would rather be with my kids.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

Young..............Campbell.......Terry.............Carragher

Beckham.........Gerrard.......Lampard.............Cole......

.......................Rooney...........Owen..........................

Ha ha ha - deliberate error there? Or did they overturn Rooney's red card and one match ban.... :D

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This has not been done in a couple of days.....

Robinson

Carragher campbell Terry Young

Beckham King Lampard Cole

Defoe Owen

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
KinkyGoebels said:
This has not been done in a couple of days.....

Robinson

Carragher campbell Terry Young

Beckham King Lampard Cole

Defoe Owen

Have you played the two full backs on the wrong side just to challenge them a bit? Are you really Mark McGhee?

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Another reason I see to play Campell is to increase our aerial threat from set pieces. Ferdinand, no matter what anyone says, cannot head a football properly. This leave us with just Terry, Carragher and Lamps in the box. Add Campbell to that and we are extremely dangerous.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Robinson

Young
Terry
Ferdinand
Campbell

Beckham
King
Lampard
Cole

Bent
Owen

Campbell started as a full back when he became a pro but prior to that in junior football was a centre forward hence his ability to get up to set pieces so well.

If it is down to two central defenders I would go with Ferdinand and Campbell, tried, tested and experienced. Terry has given away or been at fault for a goal in virtually all of his games for England but terrific for Chelski.

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Ok, two possible formations/selections depending on how brave we want to be...

(1)

Robinson

Carragher Terry King Campbell

Beckham Wright-Phillips Lampard Cole

Owen Defoe

(2)

Robinson

Terry Campbell King

Beckham Wright-Phillips Gerrard Lampard Cole

Owen Defoe

3-5-2 only for Austria NOT Poland, mind you.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
------------Robinson--------
Young--Campbell--Terry--Carragher
Beckham--Gerrard--Lampard--Richardson
----------Bent---Owen-------

I'd go with Bent over Crouch, he's bang in form, full of confidence, and is a bit bigger and stronger, and better in the air, than Owen and the likes of Vassell, Defoe....

Ideally I'd have liked to put Parker in central midfield with Lampard but he wasn't called up. :glare:

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Robinson GK
Young RB
Campbell CB
Terry CB
Carragher LB
Beckham RM
Lampard CM
Cole LM
Smith CM
Bent F
Owen F

Lampard ahead of gerrard on goals scored and general form
Smith ahead of gerrard as somebodies got to put their fott in
Bent ahead of Crouch and defoe cause he is in better form

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
In this thread we have Campbell at full back, Bent being thrown in for his debut in a crucial qualifier and a switch to 3-5-2 and Rooney playing while banned.

This thread confirms one thing. The England job really is an IMPOSSIBLE job.

Everyone has an opinion and no one ever seems to agree with the manager. I feel very sorry for Sven. The guy can't win, the press are just going to hunt the guy down like he is Kate Moss with a packet of white powder and a rolled up five pound note.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Jimmy Saville said:
In this thread we have Campbell at full back, Bent being thrown in for his debut in a crucial qualifier and a switch to 3-5-2 and Rooney playing while banned.

This thread confirms one thing. The England job really is an IMPOSSIBLE job.

Everyone has an opinion and no one ever seems to agree with the manager. I feel very sorry for Sven. The guy can't win, the press are just going to hunt the guy down like he is Kate Moss with a packet of white powder and a rolled up five pound note.
Unless we win, then the World Cup is surely ours.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Maybe the job looks impossible because Sven has squandered so many friendlies without really trying any different formations.

People say Luke Young should be right-back, but we all know he is shit. Similarly, Jamie Carragher is lucky to be in the team, let alone played out of position at left-back.

If you're going to play 4-4-2 then put Carragher right-back, Terry and Rio centre, Campbell left-back. People forget that Sol Campbell broke into the Spurs team as a left-sided midfielder before being switched to left-back and then centre-back.

My team:

1. Robinson

2. Carragher
3. S Campbell
4. Rio
5. Terry

6. Beckham
7. Gerrard
8. Lampard
9. Joe Cole

10.Owen
11.Bent.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Pavilionaire said:
People say Luke Young should be right-back, but we all know he is shit. Similarly, Jamie Carragher is lucky to be in the team, let alone played out of position at left-back.

Do we? Is he?
Jamie Carragher played left back in the season Liverpool won three trophies, I'd rather have him there than Campbell any day. In fact if we were to play someone other than him there I'd go for Rio as he has more pace than Campbell.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
David James

Glen Johnson
Wes Brown
Phil Neville
Danny Mills

Nicky Butt
Owen Hargreaves
Lee Bowyer