YOUR England squad

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Goalkeepers Hart, Foster, Ruddy
Defenders Walker, Richards, Cole, Baines, Lescott, Cahill, Jagielka, Jones
Midfielders Downing, Johnson, Walcott, Chamberlain, Parker (Barry), Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes
Strikers Rooney, Sturridge, Carroll, Holt

I would be confident with that squad. No need for Terry or Rio, neither is playing overly well. Ashley Young is a cheat, he is unwelcome in my England squad. Carroll and Holt are a little bit of the same man, but both good options up front considering there will be no Rooney for the first two games. Welbeck is a complete donkey.

D

Deleted member 18477

Hart (c)

richards - rio - lescott - cole

parker - barry

walcott - gerrard - young

rooney

subs: 2nd gk, johnson, jones, cahill, baines, scholes, milner, lampard, chamberlain, carroll, sturridge, welbeck

reserves incase anyone is injured in warm up games:
3rd gk, walker, jagielka, carrick, a.johnson, holt, defoe, crouch

RWOY YOU BETTER NOT PICK TERRY, HENDERSON OR DOWNING FFS!

Last edited by a moderator:

I<3joehart89

Feb 10, 2012
Hart, Ruddy, Carson

Richards, Johnson, Cahill, Jones, Baines, Cole, Lescott,

Young, Barry, Johnson, Walcott, Gerrard, Lennon, J.Cole. Sturridge

Bent, Rooney, Holt, Defoe, Crouch, Welbeck

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Quite interesting to see that with Rooney in every squad no-one has gone for 5 strikers seeing as we wont have one of them for 2 games. (myself included)

Probably because we are woefully short of strikers! Apart from Rooney, the rest of the names mentioned wouldn't excite me if they joined The Albion, never mind representing England!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I'd be quite happy if any of them joined the Albion.

The last time I can remember England having 2 good forwards was the Shearer and Owen days. (owen and Rooney never really played together).

Maybe having one superstar in Rooney would help us, if all the attention is stopping him that would leave the 2nd one free to bang the goals in!

Keenbha

Feb 6, 2012
Goring By Sea
GK: Hart, Ruddy, Green

Defence: Richards, Terry, Cahill, Jones, Walker, Cole, Lescott,

Midfield: Young, Chamberlain, Scholes, Barry, Walcott, Gerrard, Parker, Lampard, Sturridge

Up Top: Carroll, Rooney, Holt, Defoe, Welbeck

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Gk: Hart, Green, Carson
Def: Walker, Cahill, Lescott, Jones, A. Cole, Richards, Shawcross
Mid: Barry, Gerrard, Lampard, Parker/Rodwell, Johnson, Walcott, Oxlaide-Chamberlain
Fwd:Young, Walcott, Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge, Crouch /Carroll

Team: Hart, Walker, Cahill, Lescott, Cole, Gerrard, Parker, Oxlaide-Chamberlain, Walcott, Young, Rooney.

I like the look of a Parker & Gerrard holding pair with Gerrard able to bomb on occasionally but with the mobility and pace of Oxo, Walcott and Young behind Rooney. Like many I was very impressed with Oxo's impact in a more central role on the Gunners game against Milan. In reality I suspect Roy would not play both Oxo and Walcott so could see Barry or Rodwell come in with Walcott dropping to the bench.

Shame that Wilshire is injured, this could have been an important tournament for him and England.

I will be gutted if Roy goes for out of form deadwood like Downing, would give all the wrong signals.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Hart Carson
Walker Richards Terry Cahill Jones Jagielka Cole Baines
Walcott Lampard Parker Chamberlain Barry Johnson Rodwell Young
Sturridge Welbeck Rooney Carroll Holt

Anyone taking Gerrard is thick, he's been injured all season. People such as Defoe, Lennon, Scholes, Bent need to get a grip. Simply too old, or not good enough.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Hart Carson
Walker Richards Terry Cahill Jones Jagielka Cole Baines
Walcott Lampard Parker Chamberlain Barry Johnson Rodwell Young
Sturridge Welbeck Rooney Carroll Holt

Anyone taking Gerrard is thick, he's been injured all season. People such as Defoe, Lennon, Scholes, Bent need to get a grip. Simply too old, or not good enough.

Rodwell has a hamstring and is out of the Euros

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If Woy picks Terry I shall immediately call for his dismissal. If Terry is selected with Ferdinand then an immediate divide will occur in the squad and it'll be same old England!

If he shows strength, which I have a feeling he will, and doesn't select him then I think we have a fighting chance of success this year... and no Scholes for me. Too old and slow, and let his country down when he was needed years ago.

I will be gutted if Roy goes for out of form deadwood like Downing, would give all the wrong signals.

These.

Stumpy Tim

Goal Keepers
Hart, Foster, Ruddy

Defenders
Cole, Baines, Walker, Cahill, Richards, Jones, Ferdinand, Jagielka

Midfielders
Barry, Parker, Lampard, Scholes (Cleverley if he's not available), Gerrard, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Young

Strikers
Rooney, Crouch, Bent, Welbeck

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
But it appears Welbeck is being cosen above Jermain Defoe, a player with a proven track record who has scored MORE goals this season in FEWER games. I don't get it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports