Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your end of transfer window predictions

Any further signings in this transfer window?

• Yes at least one new addition to the squad will be made

Votes: 84 35.0%
  • No, the window is slammed firmly shut for us. We will carry on with what we have

Votes: 156 65.0%

• Total voters

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
No intakes and if the worse happens sat rdz to have same sort of post match interview that gus did after the playoffs

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Hard to judge this window.

Every club is playing wait and see and the market value of top talent has probably halved or more in 6 months. I understand why clubs are waiting to see where the market is at in summer before any major buy or sale commitments.

Barco represents a great incoming prospect.

But yes, it feels like we are ignoring central midfield. We are asking G&G to play too many minutes and if we don't address this, loss of form, fatigue and injury will follow as sure as they have done in the full back positions where we've taken exactly the same risks. And that's another season, at the business end, wondering what might have been with a more balanced squad.

I get the point, that signing the right player is difficult, but we were well aware Moises was going to attract offers, well aware that Baleba had only played 20 games and well aware that Dahoud had been out injured for however long as was going to be a risk

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
I've just heard it from a good authority that none of us have any idea whatsoever what goes on at our club and Bloom and Co will always do what they thinks best for the club and RDZ. Lets just wait and see what happens tomorrow and worry about creating a EFFFFFING electric atmosphere and get LOUDLY BEHIND OUR TEAM ON SATURDAY AND SEND THE NIGELS BACK NORTH WITH SEAGULL SHITE ALL OVER THEM!

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I've just heard it from a good authority that none of us have any idea whatsoever what goes on at our club and Bloom and Co will always do what they thinks best for the club and RDZ. Lets just wait and see what happens tomorrow and worry about creating a EFFFFFING electric atmosphere and get LOUDLY BEHIND OUR TEAM ON SATURDAY AND SEND THE NIGELS BACK NORTH WITH SEAGULL SHITE ALL OVER THEM!
We will have none of that positiveness here, thank you very much. This is a thread for venting about not getting in players.

Last edited:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
It’s difficult to understand how we don’t sign a centre midfielder. Dahoud is gone, if Gilmour breaks a leg on Saturday we have the rest of the season with two fit first team centre midfielders one of whom is nowhere near ready (Baleba).

That would be criminal. I get it’s sacrilege to criticise the club or god forbid Tony Bloom but the midfield recruitment feels slightly shambolic

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Dahoud out on loan with option to buy.
Bryan Gil loan with option to buy.
Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall in
Strahinja Pavlovic in.
Terence Trent D'arby in.
Re TTD . . .Funnily enough I was having dinner with Sade the other day,, she said she kept in touch with Tel, he keeps asking 'when am I gonna make a living' She advised him it was the sweetest taboo, but if He remained a smooth operator he could end up with a diamond life.

She also sad he was shithouse.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It’s difficult to understand how we don’t sign a centre midfielder. Dahoud is gone, if Gilmour breaks a leg on Saturday we have the rest of the season with two fit first team centre midfielders one of whom is nowhere near ready (Baleba).

That would be criminal. I get it’s sacrilege to criticise the club or god forbid Tony Bloom but the midfield recruitment feels slightly shambolic
If we had any defenders we could play some of our other midfielders in midfield.

If my Granny had balls . . .

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Have a sneaky feeling we might bring in at least one before the window closes.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I see, according to The Guardian's neat little Transfer widget thing, little ol' BHAFC have the made the 4th and 6th biggest purchases in this transfer window:

Radu Dragusin (Spurs) £25m
Daniel Munoz (Palace) £8.5m
Kosta Nedjelkjovic (Villa) £8m
Valentin Barco (BHAFC) £7.9m
Hakon Valmidarsson (Brentford) £2.6m
Adrian Muzilo (BHAFC) £2.5m

We are the only EPL side to have bought two players over £1m. Obviously still a day to go, but hardly anyone is spending anything...

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I see, according to The Guardian's neat little Transfer widget thing, little ol' BHAFC have the made the 4th and 6th biggest purchases in this transfer window:

We are the only EPL side to have bought two players over £1m. Obviously still a day to go, but hardly anyone is spending anything...
Palace have just got another from Blackburn for around £20m

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex

Yep and neither ready to play atm, which we need.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I’m very confident about a left footed right winger coming in, it’ll probably be Gil but I suspect there are some more permanent signings under consideration.

I’m less confident about a left footed central midfielder as Samardzic and KDH has gone quiet. Did we look at Wharton or we he deemed to have been not good enough?
Oh great, another Solly who cannot get to the byline and cross the ball :facepalm:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd still like to see two or three of our senior U21s have a tilt at senior football. What level? - I don't know, there are people at the club who can decide that far better than I can! And yes, I know a loan-to-improve is not the pathway for everyone (see Hinshelwood).
A loan finally arranged for Offiah please, following his successful (until stopped by his illness) loan in the SPL. Plus, maybe one or two out of Samuels, Hinchey, McConville, Duffus........................

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Sure we signed him in the summer and loaned him back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here