Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Your best Band discovery in 2018

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I "discovered" Bahamas last year but I only just discovered this thread so I think this qualifies..........

https://youtu.be/gPjqWwkAymg

I could have chosen virtually any of Afie Jurvanen's songs, they're pretty much all beautiful and much to my chagrin I missed him playing at The Haunt a few months ago.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but I have a band, although others seem to refer to more as a ring really, and when I slip it over the Honorable Member for Mountjoy, he seems to find a spine and stiffen his resolve to serve the community.
Perhaps best avoided unless a hard Brexit is desired.

You dirty *******.

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This lot have a very unpromising name, conjuring visions of a Miami nighclub from the early 90s.

However, they are excellent, and I have been listening to them a great deal lately. This one is from 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCPwcHS_cQQ

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Cabbage and Confidence Man were stand outs for me in 2018.

Also, Snapped Ankles and the Teskey Brothers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Okay, I know it’s 2019 but no need to start a new thread.

I give you Beak. Yes, I know I’m late to this party but I only recently listened to them for the first time

I like them even more now:
-- having seen them live
-- and Geoff has just OKed me using one of his lyrics for a chapter I've written

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Not a discovery of 2018, but a discovery of last Friday was Jambinai. South Korean post-rockers mixing traditional Korean folk instruments with the usual crashing guitars.

I notice they are playing Brighton in October. Heartily recommended to any fans of Godspeed, Explosions in the Sky and their ilk.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Okay, I know it’s 2019 but no need to start a new thread.

I give you Beak. Yes, I know I’m late to this party but I only recently listened to them for the first time

Surely this thread needs retitling to 2019?

PS - saw Beak in Brighton a couple of weeks back. Very dry on stage as performers as well - made me chuckle.

Also, 2019 discoveries include Squid...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here