Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your best away day

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
So many to think thru but Newcastle 79. Was on the train with the players on the way back. Remember the scenes at the station with players carried off. Wins due to celebrations as much as the game itself which was over at half time really.

For sheer excitement the cup game versus Liverpool in 83. Unbelievable backs to the wall performance. Phil Neal missed penalty, Melia going back to Anfield and winning, Jimmy Case's deflected winner. It had everything.

Hereford, memorable but horrible nerves. Sheer elation at the end.

As mentioned above, best loss was the 4-3 at Charlton. Great atmosphere, fantastic end to end game, enormous terracing.

Worse, 3-0 loss at Rochdale in 96/97 season. Totally pathetic performance and Ashley Neal proving that footballing ability isn't passed from father to son.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Saints away in 2009, Crofts, Murray and Gus's first game was pretty good

Bit too young for the Cup run and 79'...

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Play off final at the Millennium Stadium was definitely my favourite. Great atmosphere, sun was beating down and we went up. Also enjoyed the 1-0 at Selhurst in 2005.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
The McShane Palace away was pretty special to me.

I was at sixth form in Bromley and had been taking a ridiculous amount of grief leading up to the game. the next day came in probably (definitely) still a bit drunk with a Cardiff supporting mate that loved Albion, both in Brighton shirts marvelous scenes and renditions of Albion, Albion throughout the morning until the hangover kicked in so we left school and went to the pub...those were the days

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I would have to say that they are my two as well. Filbert street what a strange ground that was......Managed to get my leg stuck behind the chair when we scored. Not sure if you remember all of the till rolls on the pitch but I managed to clear out KFC managers offices before we left :). And then Hereford weekender, can't really remember much about it......

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Saints away in 2009, Crofts, Murray and Gus's first game was pretty good

Quite agree on that being a good one - brilliant win and performance against a side we'd had little luck against in recent years. Although not Crofts or Murrary's first game (unsure if that is what you meant or not!).

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Nothing can touch Liverpool away '83 in terms of the positive drama of the match. Newcastle '79 in terms of the euphoria of the outcome. Hereford '97 was horrible, horrible but ultimately a ridiculous release from the months, years of misery.

In terms of the day out, there's nothing I personally like better than seeing streams of happy Albion coaches, cars, fans after winning a big game. So, at Highbury '83 I was lucky to sit outside the King's Head in Upper Street with a beer or two and watch the yellow hordes go by. Similarly at Hereford, we stopped at a beer garden on the road out of that hellhole and watched the Albion convoy snake up the hill towards us.

PG

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Roker Park 81
Anfield 82
Anfield 83
Highbury SF 83
Elland Road 84
Abbey Stadium 84