Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Albion MOJO

How is your Albion mojo TODAY

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are you serious? Have you forgotten how awful we were in the few years leading up to Poyet's arrival? We struggled to sign anyone, whereas we are now holding out for the right deal.

In those days I expected nothing though. Now we have the magnificent stadium, big crowds and have made the playoffs two seasons on the bounce but look like going into a 2nd season ill prepared, last year I understood why. This season I guess I do too but when I see clubs like Bournemouth, Brentford and Charlton having no problem signing what seem like decent players, I do scratch my head. For this reason my mojo is not better than Meh...at the moment. Unlike quite a few I'm not convinced the the current squad is good enough to stay up let alone make a challenge.

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'm in pre-season meh mode. Sure it happens every year though so no different than any other season.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Couldn't really care too much about the start of the season right now. Nothing to do with signings or anything, just not really in a football mood yet. Maybe it's down to a World Cup burnout

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
In those days I expected nothing though. Now we have the magnificent stadium, big crowds and have made the playoffs two seasons on the bounce but look like going into a 2nd season ill prepared, last year I understood why. This season I guess I do to but when I see clubs like Bournemouth, Brentford and Charlton having no problem signing what seem like decent players, I do scratch my head.

Fair enough. It's sad to see so many people on here seemingly having lost faith in the club. I remain confident that we'll sign some decent players in the next couple of weeks and have a good team at the start of the season. If you look at our first team now, it's not as bad as people are saying.

If you are worried about other clubs, look at Reading, who have signed nobody and lost some key players like Le Fondre, and Blackpool only have 8 players on their books. Bournemouth, Brentford and Charlton all seem to have done well but we won't know until the season starts.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Fair enough. It's sad to see so many people on here seemingly having lost faith in the club. I remain confident that we'll sign some decent players in the next couple of weeks and have a good team at the start of the season. If you look at our first team now, it's not as bad as people are saying.

If you are worried about other clubs, look at Reading, who have signed nobody and lost some key players like Le Fondre, and Blackpool only have 8 players on their books. Bournemouth, Brentford and Charlton all seem to have done well but we won't know until the season starts.

I have not lost faith I'm just an impatient *******, I'm sure that all will end well :smile:

We should not be comparing ourselves to Reading and Blackpool who are both in the shit though and tellingly neither are that long out of the riches of the Premier League....

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
most of the negative shyte is just down to more people being able to view the teams pre season games on youbloodytube which are simply glorified training sessions with little or no guide to how a season will pan out.

I've not seen a single person complain about our performances during preseason. The 'negative shyte' is from fans who are seriously worried about us currently lacking a LB, Winger and ST.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I've not seen a single person complain about our performances during preseason.

There were a lot of complaints about performance on twitter during and after the Crawley game. Lots of 'same old shit that we had under Oscar' lines.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There were a lot of complaints about performance on twitter during and after the Crawley game. Lots of 'same old shit that we had under Oscar' lines.

Same old shit that won't change with the players we have without quality additions, sadly.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Apologies I missed them. Preseason is all about fitness and anyone concern about the style at this stage is being over-zealous imo. We need the players first!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I've been thinking about this myself today: it's pretty low.

I had tickets for Lewes but couldn't go in the end so have yet to see a ball kicked live.

That said, when I got an email this morning about the Southampton game I thought "oooh I might go along." That it wasn't on my radar at all previously is probably another illustration of low-mojo-itis.

It would have been nice though to play against a biggish club in our one and only home friendly.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Meh, got other things to focus on and a couple of new faces would be good to boost me up. Strangely enough the pics of the Nike store at the AMEX gave me a lift, i have no idea why nor that i am particularly wedded to glossy branding.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not set my expectations too high, as a JCL (in terms of regularly attending matches at least) I am just enjoying the experience. We're all guilty of a 'too much too soon' attitude at times and have short memories. Any one of us offered what we have now 10 years ago would have laughed at such a ridiculous suggestion........... The Championship is hugely competitive, if we make the playoffs that'll be a good season. Not reading much at all into the pre-seasons, pretty useless as a guide to what might happen. Yes I'd like a new GK and striker, and Ward to sign (or another LB) but I don't see our competition signing too many players at the moment either, and Sami has only been here a short time too.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I truly believe that some Albion fans are still finding it hard to accept or realise that we are no longer a little team from Sussex who play out of a 7000 capacity Conference type ground.
All you seem to see is be happy with what you have, remember what we didn't have etc etc.
Those days are long gone now and Albion fans have the right to expect big money signings, big name managers, exciting productive Championship winning football, not mediocre has been players or managers who come here on the cheap are promised this and that and never get it.
Yes we have a few quality players but we also have a good few players as well that really shouldn't be here IMHO.
We take on managers with no proven track record in any English football or any other for that matter, a massive and potentially huge risk, financially and playing wise.
We are then bombarded with buy this buy that etc etc which yes clubs have to do but a lot of it is very ill timed.
Realistically we should have a good £8 million to spend on players or more to be honest as there must have been a budget before Ulloa was sold. Or was there ?
Season ticket sales are also up again I believe. Brilliant.
We all know about FFP rules and other things we have to think about, and we are lucky to have Bloom and the others to keep the boat steady, but there comes a point when it gets just a tad frustrating when all the others clubs who finished below you are making big money signings or getting the best young free players. Rant over

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here