Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your ALBION mojo

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sorry, I've lost my Albion mojo.
No shame in that as far as I'm concerned. The same has happened to me and the only time I've felt as indifferent as I do now is probably around 1989-90.

I've got Albion mugs, pint glasses, I subscribe to Seagulls World (which I rarely use) and I'm on here during the working day. But the fact is that if it wasn't for the fact that the club wasn't in my blood, I really wouldn't give a toss whatsoever.

I contemplated missing my Tuesday night track session for an evening at Orient with some chums. Bloody pleased I didn't - we lost as usual and we didn't score. Meanwhile I really enjoyed myself doing my 16 x 400m session with other friends, and it cost me only £2.80 (and yeah, money is an issue for me at the mo).

So what about you? Does your Albion mojo disappear and reappear some other time or does your enthusiasm for the club (as opposed to results) never wane?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
No shame in that as far as I'm concerned. The same has happened to me and the only time I've felt as indifferent as I do now is probably around 1989-90.

I've got Albion mugs, pint glasses, I subscribe to Seagulls World (which I rarely use) and I'm on here during the working day. But the fact is that if it wasn't for the fact that the club wasn't in my blood, I really wouldn't give a toss whatsoever.

I contemplated missing my Tuesday night track session for an evening at Orient with some chums. Bloody pleased I didn't - we lost as usual and we didn't score. Meanwhile I really enjoyed myself doing my 16 x 400m session with other friends, and it cost me only £2.80 (and yeah, money is an issue for me at the mo).

So what about you? Does your Albion mojo disappear and reappear some other time or does your enthusiasm for the club (as opposed to results) never wane?

I bet Bushy was at the game.

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
I lost the love of the club when they left the Goldstone! I loved that place! There was no better feeling on game day/night when i would attend. I lived for the Goldstone Ground!

As far as im concerned the Brighton & Hove Albion that i knew, died as a club.

I see the current club as an MK dons type of set up.

"Going down the old shoreham road" was lengendary.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I used to go without fail, with only me being out the country stopping me. Last season under Adams, I started to lose it, the only ones I wanted to do were the ridiculous midweek away games.

This season, I have lost interest, home games rank up along side washing up and ironing. Dont want to do it but it has to be done.

Only done two aways which is unsual for me, but dont have the passion to do it at the moment. Found other stuff to do, caught up with other friends and enjoyed myself loads. I think it has also coincided with Sussex doing so well in one day cricket. After the trip to India for the CLT20, I guess normal service will be resumed and I will do stupid things like go to Exeter and other shit holes.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
And for me, whenever I got to away games now it's not for the football, it's for a good day out with mates, the games tend to get in the way of that!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I was at the game actually, i'd be interested to know how many times simster has been this season, i mean being london based and missing a london match, unforgivable, even more hypocritical is slagging chelsea for being plastic and getting small crowds when we were shit, when he claims that he has lost his "albion mojo" because they're not doing so well, what distinguishes him from the chelsea fans who did the same ? what stops him from being classed as plastic ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
i'd be interested to know how many times simster has been this season, i mean being london based and missing a london match, unforgivable
None.

even more hypocritical is slagging chelsea for being plastic and getting small crowds when we were shit
No shame in small crowds. I just chuckle when Chelsea fans talk (in all seriousness) about how they're bigger that Spurs.

Class me as plastic then CLAY, I don't give a f*** really. :bigwave:

No binfest here, move along please.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Spoil sport, I even bought some snacks to eat whilst enjoying the entertainment

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Gordon Brown and Labour have TAKEN away my mojo for football. :angry:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
None.

No shame in small crowds. I just chuckle when Chelsea fans talk (in all seriousness) about how they're bigger that Spurs.

ok then , how many times did you go last season ?? simster , you know, i know, the whole f***ing world knows that we never used to bigger than spurs,we are now , we have been for a while, just accept it, to keep arguing otherwise just continues to highlight a very silly , blinkered viewpoint.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Lost it during the Archer era but as soon as they went I bought a ST and have had one ever since. Go to almost all home games and several away - not so many these last couple of years though. Sometimes it seems like a chore but we always travel in hope and (occasionally) come home happy. Even at The Goldstone we had good and indifferent seasons - this is one of those less-good ones.

As long as we're in there competing I'll be along to support them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here