Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your additional Luton tales of woe

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. I somehow missed the M25 junction of the M1 heading home. Didn't notice for quite a while. Had to loop round Hendon and head back up the M1 again.

2. Drove through a red light at the start of the journey home. There didn't seem to be a camera on the traffic lights, so I probably got away with that one.

Other than the crushing 4-0 defeat, how else did your night go WRONG?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
1. I somehow missed the M25 junction of the M1 heading home. Didn't notice for quite a while. Had to loop round Hendon and head back up the M1 again.

2. Drove through a red light at the start of the journey home Didn't seem to be a camera there, so probably got away with that one.

I was so ENGROSSED in the horror unfolding before my eyes on the Official Match Day Thread that I completely forgot that I had put 2 hugely-overpriced chicken breast fillets in the oven. By the time I remembered and salvaged them, they looked like a pair of used heat tiles from the space shuttle programme.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was so ENGROSSED in the horror unfolding before my eyes on the Official Match Day Thread that I completely forgot that I had put 2 hugely-overpriced chicken breast fillets in the oven. By the time I remembered and salvaged them, they looked like a pair of used heat tiles from the space shuttle programme.
Good test of your smoke alarm :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Better than the under cooked chicken I ate a while back. I ended up feeling like last night's performance for a few days.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
I was playing a video game called Civilization on my computer while I listened, and despite my clear cultural and technological advantages, America won simply because they weren’t perpetually being attacked by the Zulus, who’d set up shop next to me and kept trying to say it with spears.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I didn't go to the game, so I decided to treat myself to a takeaway curry to enjoy alongside watching it on a stream. One of the dogs jumped up and knocked my entire plate of food onto our relatively new sofa, which is now a total write off. So whilst not entirely connected, I'm blaming everything on Luton.
Is your dog called 'Luton'?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Heard for the first time in a while from an old friend of mine, originally from near Luton but always supported Chelsea, lives in Suffolk these days. Apparently has been a Luton supporter for ‘quite a while’ he says, the first I’ve heard of it 😡

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I didn’t manage to bag a ticket, so took the grandkids to see Diversity.

Hmmmm, wish I did manage to bag a ticket…

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I was playing a video game called Civilization on my computer while I listened, and despite my clear cultural and technological advantages, America won simply because they weren’t perpetually being attacked by the Zulus, who’d set up shop next to me and kept trying to say it with spears.
It doesn‘t get much worse an evening than that…..

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Staying up the road at Woburn Center Parcs for the week. Roadworks near Flitwick meant my journey home was 5 minutes longer than scheduled. Ruined the evening.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Surprised the smoke detectors didn’t go off?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

2. Drove through a red light at the start of the journey home. There didn't seem to be a camera on the traffic lights, so I probably got away with that one.

Well look on the bright side, if you don't get away with it at least someone's come back to Brighton from Luton with three points

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here