Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Your 2022 HIGHLIGHTS

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A sincere HNY to all my virtual friends on here this evening, and I'll just take this small opportunity to say thank you to anyone who has taken the time to read and/ignore my inane ramblings, and even reply. This is still my go-to site and I genuinely relish clasping you all closely to my fleshy bosom whenever I visit and engage.

Anyway. 2022 has not been an epic year, and I'm sure for many its been an absolute Solly. But putting that aside, I am cordially inviting you to lay down your top 3 personal moments of 2022. In no particular order, in a relatively humdrum year for me they are:

1. Driving a McLaren round Silverstone for 4 laps. I have never felt such noise and violent frightening thunderous power coming directly from behind my skull. I bottled at 130mph.
2. Watching the Human League play live at Lingfield racecourse one summers evening (after winning £180 on the horses). They played ALL the bangers. EPIC.
3. Seeing the Back to the Future musical stage show in London. Absolutely stupendous, beyond and away my wildest expectations. It was just too good.

Now I read this back its not been overly humdrum, for me anyway. I haven't even included BHA v CFC, which I can barely put into words. But I'm trying not to make it ALL about the Albion. And family stuff kinda goes without saying. So what yey ?

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
HNY

Very humdrum I’m afraid compared the above!

1. Several firsts after lockdowns - back to work, celebrating birthdays etc, seeing family and friends
2. Getting successful cancer treatment and diagnosis for other conditions (so getting quality of life treatment finally!)
3. Finally joining NSC after lurking forever - loving the match day threads and be able to ‘watch’ the football with other Brighton fans - including watching our boys in the WC matches - if you are not living alone, disabled or housebound, or for whatever other reason, not always able to get to live football due to chronic health issues, you probably may not appreciate how amazing and valued it is to be able ‘share’ the match day experience with other Brighton fans.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Went down to visit my mum in her new home for the first time since she moved 6 years ago.

We fell out around the time she moved so I’d never ventured down to Folkestone. Going to visit her felt like a bridge being fully repaired.

Me and her going to watch Dover v Worthing only for it to be called off when we were 5 minutes from their ground could have gone *slightly* better but can’t have it all.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
2022 can definitely do one. I caught Covid in December 2021 and have been suffering with long Covid. As a result I have seen no live football (I'm a STH), no live music except 2 pub gigs, run zero yards, done zero cycling and have now stopped yoga classes as well. I can count my pub visits on one hand. Hopefully 2023 will see some improvement. Putting that aside there was the following:

1 our first grandchild, who is beautiful and already in a BHA babygrow. This was more than a bit offset by the parents separating after the baby was 2 weeks old.

2 my beloved wife treated me to a flight in the back seat of a Spitfire from Biggin Hill which was every bit as amazing as you can imagine.

3 after 18 years of suburban London we have found a quiet spot in the country and should be moving in February, all going well. I'm nervous for the change but excited too.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Worse year of my life apart from my daughter giving me another grandson

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Seeing Phantom of the Opera on Broadway and just being in NYC. Lockdowns meant the trip happened a few years later than planned, but it was worth the wait. Thank you @Kinky Gerbils :bowdown:.

A few days in the city of Bath, what a stunning place.

The end of lockdowns, masks and travel restrictions, the defeat of the pandemic.

Albion - crushing Manure, Leicester, Chelsea.

Football in general - Messi and Mac Allister deservedly winning the ultimate prize.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
1. Once again getting to spend a month on my favorite place on earth, studying arts & music by day and drinking beer every night, all while meeting a lot of new wonderful people. Nothing beats Nordiska folkhögskolan. They also randomly have a Brightonian chef making dirty good food.

2. Getting back into doing a fair amount of work.

3. Watching Brighton play football

Not the best year but for me far better than 2021 and 2020.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
More lows than highs, lost my mum, wrote my car off had covid and major staffing issues at work.

As a result of losing mum have reconnected with my brother after 18 years

Hope this year has more highs than lows, we shall see

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Doing things which I hadn’t during the pandemic. Heritage railways, theatre, people, places.

Oh and smashing United / Chelsea was fun.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Worst year of my life for various reasons.

Good riddance to 2022.

Only highs were Brighton related and even those were tinged with sadness.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Brighton 4 - 1 Chelsea. Best atmosphere at the Amex in years.

2022 was full of ups and downs. The ups were all little wins which hopefully set up a good 2023 and 2024.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I don’t think my year was that exciting as I’m struggling to think of many actual highlights.
We got a puppy in the summer, love her too bits but I think my stress level has gone up and my life has got harder, like having a naughty kid in the house sometimes :lolol: More fun than stress though TBF.
I think looking after other peoples well trained dogs was far too easy.

Chelsea game definitely deserves a mention though.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
3) Seeing my daughter get her post-Covid mojo back; completing a three month Costa Rican conservation internship and beginning her Masters.

2) Finishing above them. I’ve waited a long time for that.

1) After three years training, finally getting to complete my Kenyan ultra-marathon. Not just the highlight of this year but of just about any year. The experience of a lifetime.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Firstly, getting back to some kind of routine and normal life where the Mrs, the kids and the puppy (my sympathies @bn9 bha ) can co-exist after two years of lockdowns, isolations, work related stress and school upheaval.

Then two trips:

Firstly a weekend away in Manchester with my son. His first proper long distance away and we managed to fit in the madness of the city centre on a busy Saturday, National Football Museum, Curry Mile and a win at Old Trafford, capped off by a funny as anything trip back into town from Salford Quays on a tram full of pissed off United fans. Yes we did keep a low profile :lolol: . An unexpected away win but a great father and son bonding trip.

Secondly, the return of our first "Lads" long weekend away since 2019 (we are all in our 40s or 50s so at some point this description became ironic). Simple rule; go somewhere none of us have been before and do at least one mad activity. This year we flew to Dubrovnik and drove to the middle of Bosnia to spend four hours white water rafting in the Tara river with massive hangovers, drove to Montenegro on single carriage roads hundreds of feet up, with no safety barrier and a series of narrowing switch backs, to walk in the Durmitor National Park and stay in a house with a stuffed wolf on the walls and drive back to Dubrovnik to cliff jump next to an outdoors bar (and for me to bump into another Brighton fan who recognised my back pack). It was absolutely joyous despite days sharing bedrooms with people who basically fart and snore professionally.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here