Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Young Huddersfield fan

Jimmy Grimble

Decent spelling for a 9 year old, should really be at least attempting cursive handwriting by now though. 6/10

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Think I must.be getting a bit old and cynical for these lovely lad stories...

Just as an aside, why would his dad tell him it's not right to keep what's not yours (fair enough), but it is right to give it to a footballer who gets paid thousands of pounds a week... Surely a charity would have been a better option and a better model for the boy to follow!

Here's where my cynicism comes in - dad and boy wouldn't have got their 15 minutes of fame (and a free.shirt).

I am with you! My first thought upon reading the BBC article was that it is odd that his Dad would say, don't keep what isn't yours... but give it to a rich bloke. Also amazed that a 9 year old would have said that the fiver could go toward a transfer for Ronaldo. My 7 year old is football mad and is fully aware that a fiver won't even guarantee you getting him in a pack of match attax let alone buying the bloody bloke.

Then it said that the Dad is a club ambassador and it made me even more suspicious that this is an attempt at creating a social media storm and more publicity for the club rather than a heart warming family club tale

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Aside from the Brighton Labour club, the only time I see a fiver is when I go up north.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Good grief, there is so much cynicism on this thread. Unbelievable.
Why is it unbelievable? 'Sensible' is probably a better word. And personally I don't think a small boy sending £5 to a millionaire is heartwarming in the slightest, in fact I think it's slightly nauseating and a sad indictment on the state of society.. His father should have given him some moral guidance and made him give it straight to the Air Ambulance charity - especially as it wasn't even his money to start with!

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Why is it unbelievable? 'Sensible' is probably a better word. And personally I don't think a small boy sending £5 to a millionaire is heartwarming in the slightest, in fact I think it's slightly nauseating and a sad indictment on the state of society.. His father should have given him some moral guidance and made him give it straight to the Air Ambulance charity - especially as it wasn't even his money to start with!

...or bought him a starter house or two.

Joking aside, I totally agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here