You won't ever eat at SUBWAY again !

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
So what food were you complaining about?

I think she's a bit old for that.
What's that got to do with food?
No doubt, she never pretended otherwise. She wouldn't understand if I raised the subject, they're just animals.
Quite simply, you don't know what you're getting. That's the best way I can describe it!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Who gives a f*ck what the Nigels think? Most of them scavenge from bins or rob a Lateshopper sausage roll for their dinner anyway. Subway would seem like a massive treat to them and Nando's their equivalent of somewhere with a Michelin star.

Better not mess with you then, you sound hard. Ssssorry to have mentioned it. :facepalm:

Pickles

May 5, 2014
. Basically it's the early-day equivalent of a post-pub kebab.

THPP, that is a cracking description.:clap2:

There was always something and I reckon you nailed it there.

I have one a couple of times a month, always around 9.am and it's a pleasure, a bit like mcdonalds fries once in a blue moon, or as you say, a kebab after a night on the beer.

What is it about these places that drag us back when we know it's crap?:shrug:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Anyone remember Brighton's late 70s/early 80s equivalent of Subways, Captain Submarine, opposite the town hall? Damn tasty foot-long subs :drool:

Yep, I remember that place and they were very nice, always seemed to stay open very late.

I have been to Subway plenty of times, it's not my favourite place but there is one nearby in Peacehaven and it was handy to get lunch sometimes until Greggs opened :) nearby.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
First sub was in Canada 8 years ago. I like a lot of salt and pepper on my tuna. The lass was shaking what looked like pepper so I asked for more salt. She kept shaking the pepper . . . . only when I took a bite did I realise the salt and pepper are dispensed in the same shaker. My mouth retracted like a salted slug :eek:

That said I have indulged may a time in the UK. What is the problem? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports