Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You need 7.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Great bounce this.

Dunk, Webster, Sanchez (maybe), Bissouma, Maupay. Struggling beyond that. Burn, but I'm probably basing that on his height.

Certainly can't see many others getting in a scrap.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think Ryan was one of those 7 prior to this season. In terms of fighters, I think we have 4

Dunk
Lallana
Maupay
Andone
Connolly (maybe)

That said, I've maintained for years that with the exceptions of our really excellent promotion winning teams we've been far too nice a team to play against. I'd love a prime or Premier League version of Barnes, Greer, Carpenter, Rogers, Oatway in the team. Obviously, they'd probably cost £50m but I just miss that scrappiness of someone always in the refs ear

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Great bounce this.

Dunk, Webster, Sanchez (maybe), Bissouma, Maupay. Struggling beyond that. Burn, but I'm probably basing that on his height.

Certainly can't see many others getting in a scrap.

Connelly might be possibly, not 100% of Maupay , he talks the talk but, I reckon Davy P could be, Alzate, despite his good boy looks could be, he is certainly a walking yellow card on the ptich

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Connelly might be possibly, not 100% of Maupay , he talks the talk but, I reckon Davy P could be

Maupay's not missing out on a ruck.

What he does in the ruck is neither here nor there.

The criteria for the 7 is:-

'Not shirking when the honour of the club, teammate, shirt and badge needs defending'

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I think Ryan was one of those 7 prior to this season. In terms of fighters, I think we have 4

Dunk
Lallana
Maupay
Andone
Connolly (maybe)

That said, I've maintained for years that with the exceptions of our really excellent promotion winning teams we've been far too nice a team to play against. I'd love a prime or Premier League version of Barnes, Greer, Carpenter, Rogers, Oatway in the team. Obviously, they'd probably cost £50m but I just miss that scrappiness of someone always in the refs ear

Not sure about Lallana, he'd be worried about messing his hair up.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Lallana nowhere near the 7 for me.

He's here to get fit and start making us play.

The 7 are needed to make sure he gets to that position sooner rather than later.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not sure about Lallana, he'd be worried about messing his hair up.

Lallana isn't as squeaky clean as his hair would make you think. This was in an under 23's game when he was trying to get minutes under his belt after being out injured. I know the Spurs lad involved too as he went to the school I used to work at.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Would probably go with: Dunk, Webster, White, Lallana, Mupauy...then we run out.

Really? White and Webster are far to soft for me. Thanks think softness is a huge part of our problem and think the small few that would have anything about them are Dunk, Andone and Maupay.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Where is our Adam El Abd, Gordon Greer, Ashley Barnes ?

Hate to say it but we are strictly 2nd division :down:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Webster is normally involved if there is an argument with someone in the pitch. White has that chavy little shit demeanor to him.
And one for sure but I don't know what is happening with him.

White learned Chavvy Little Shit in Leeds in order to fit in....it’s only temporary.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If Sergio Romero ain't happening, lets get Sergio Ramos instead. He'd cover the shorftall in our 7.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Percy Tau - 13 yellows 1x2 yellows 0 straight red - 181 appearances.

The search continues.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Second div was perfect: Chippy, Charlie, FDM, Harty, Cullip, Rogers, Deano - that lot would IRON OUT any bunch of PL prima donnas

Remember chatting to Rogers about this when he was helping coaching Junior’s team. Think we’d just lost to Forest or similar and I asked him what he thought the main problem was.....

‘Not enough ‘agg’..........we’re just so ****ing WEAK’ [emoji23][emoji23]

DavePage

You seem to be forgetting Chris Hughton, yes he only had one yellow card in his career, why?
What referee had the balls to discipline him, when as they approach they hear him start up the fork lift.
We only witnessed the actions, which were designed to intimidate the officials from a distance, but trust me, they knew what those actions meant.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere in the thread, I'm just being lazy to read back through. But forget who the Albion's best 11 are, who are the Albion's ultimate 7 fighting the opposition in the tunnel. The "Magnificent Seven" you could say.
I shall go with;
Carpenter
Case
Cullip
Horton
Kraay
Oatway
Rougvie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here