Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

you let down your fans chant

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
After everyone's pant wetting this week it turns out the Wolves fans were a decent bunch of lads. They joined in the applause for Grealish despite his WBA days, big respect to them for that. However it's up to them to say what their players have / haven't done this season. We've only seen them a maximum of twice! Not our shout.

I assumed the song was aimed at OHara who made a gesture after their fans sang 40k you're having a laugh.. it was off the ball so not many saw it or clocked what was going on. Wolves went mental when he gestured then OHara went straight down tunnel at end and clearly didn't wanna be there...

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
best chant today was in the west upper when the police paraded out...

'its just like watching the bill, its just like watching the bill' :lolol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
best chant today was in the west upper when the police paraded out...

'its just like watching the bill, its just like watching the bill' :lolol:

Because I've never heard THAT chant before! I can't stand a love in and this appears to be a terrible one. I'll be delighted to see them rot in League 1 and don't think their fans deserve any better.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I assumed the song was aimed at OHara who made a gesture after their fans sang 40k you're having a laugh.. it was off the ball so not many saw it or clocked what was going on. Wolves went mental when he gestured then OHara went straight down tunnel at end and clearly didn't wanna be there...

I'm sure O'Hara was the player who annoyed them earlier in the season by saying that even though he earns a shedload of money, it doesn't necessarily make life happy. Something like 'it was so much easier on £250 a week'. Which is true of course, but doesn't go down well with people on £250 a week.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Dunno, seemed to me to be an honest attempt to connect with the Wolves fans. Certainly there was a lot of mutual applause at the end and seemed like some mutual respect. They applauded our new attendance record of 30,003, we booed the totally OTT police parade in front of them.

Word.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bit cringeworthy at the time, but seeing that shower of shite made me feel for them a bit. And also police reaction was a bit OTT. Met quite a few of their lot in town before the game and all pleasant so not sure why they are "horrible fans"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Phew, I'm glad there weren't many of you around when we needed a "love in" in the dark days

They hounded out McCarthy when they were at the bottom but still fighting in the Prem.

Before than, when WBA beat them to promotion one season, there was a banner unfurled reading "you've let us down again".

No you mongs, THIS is what it feels to be let down. They might have been a decent bunch today, but overall their fans have delusions of grandeur and there are some right bell-ends among their support.

Don't care that they went down really.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
Didn't see it myself but apparently according to wolves fans on twitter Roger Johnson threw his shirt into the crowd - only to have it thrown back at him !!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Didn't see it myself but apparently according to wolves fans on twitter Roger Johnson threw his shirt into the crowd - only to have it thrown back at him !!
Yes,saw him throw his shirt...then thrown straight back at him....it went down inbetween the old bill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here