Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know you've grown up when...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Meet a friend at midday. One used to head to the pub and resurface at last orders before stumbling home or finding an alternative venue to drink into the small hours. Now it is a case of getting their offspring (theirs, not mine) back home before five to have dinner and bed. Or invited over under the guise of providing 'adult conversation', albeit a thinly veiled guise to get you to baby watch whilst they have a break from it all.

I didn't feel particularly old until a week or so ago (I'm 31). Started school observations in a village primary school in Sussex, for my PGCE, and I am definitely archaic. :down:

Gullysgirl

Sep 16, 2011
Lancing
Realised on the drive up to Barnsley, both my husband and I hurriedly turned over from radio 1 to 2 as we both thought radio 1 was a bleedin racket. To my horror not only did I enjoy radio 2 I actually knew a few, well most, of the songs!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I recognised 42 of those names. I reckon I would struggle to pick out north of 30 by picture.

The list was meaningless without Monica Bellucci and Audrey Tautou in the top two anyway.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I recognise 49 of the names...

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
When you dont know who number 1 in the charts is .
You dont know what a Tulisa is .
You start waving to people you dont know ... Wellsy syndrome :p

So I wasn't the only one then!!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
when you look forward to the new screwfix catalogue coming out

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
... you tell the chaps you're missing the latest Albion game at the Amex in order to continue building your patio. :down:

Are you a shit builder? You've been building your patio for YEARS haven't you? I seem to remember that was also an excuse for missing Withdean games :lol:

Walking to the top of the WSU and thinking, " I'd die at some stage during the season if my seat was up here" ( that is actually realising that you are getting very old rather than becoming an adult in truth)

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
Are you a shit builder? You've been building your patio for YEARS haven't you? I seem to remember that was also an excuse for missing Withdean games :lol:

Perhaps he needs to keep digging it up to add the corpse of another wife ... or is that just me?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
This year I have already attended one second marriage and will be attending another later in the year.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've just checked, and there's 28 I would recognise a photo of (mostly the easy ones like Jolie, Aniston and Middleton). A bunch more I've heard of but wouldn't recognise if they walked past me in the street. The rest: not a clue. You're probably closer to the mark with 80% than 50% :lol:

If you showed me a picture of each of them, I reckon I'd recognise 14 from that list.

But then, if you showed me a picture of each of them, I guess I wouldn't care that I only recognise 14 of them. :drool:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Walking to the top of the WSU and thinking, " I'd die at some stage during the season if my seat was up here" ( that is actually realising that you are getting very old rather than becoming an adult in truth)
:lolol: Actually 3 years ago I started the process. I dug 10 tons of soil out by spade, then filled it with hard core, levelled off the raised flower beds and stuff like that, but ran out of money to buy the slate when I lost my job! Last summer I finally had the cash to buy the slate, so I built it. All done now, and it is tremendous. :cheers:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
:lolol: Actually 3 years ago I started the process. I dug 10 tons of soil out by spade, then filled it with hard core, levelled off the raised flower beds and stuff like that, but ran out of money to buy the slate when I lost my job! Last summer I finally had the cash to buy the slate, so I built it. All done now, and it is tremendous. :cheers:

Seriously Sim, SHUT UP about your patio.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
When you still ache 2 days after a game of Football. When I was a kid I used to play Football all day in the Summer holidays and then do the same the next day. These days I cant walk for 2 days after one game!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
When your body won't ALLOW you to have a lie-in any more.
When the obituaries section is a 'must read'.
When your kids help you put your socks on.
When you hear 'you haven't lost it' from your peers when having a gentle kick about.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
when the idea of a 'lay-in' is 9 o'clock on a sunday.

Dirk Gently

Dec 27, 2011
I thought of this thread last night, when sitting waiting for the gig to start at Brixton Academy and thinking to myself "this looks such a lovely old venue, I wish they hadn't used so much dry ice because it's stopping me seeing the internal architecture" ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here