Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] You go into a newsagent to buy...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If you're in a newsagent, then you have to take the opportunity to buy things that only they have through their 'Goodnight Sweetheart' portal back to the 70s/80s*.

This means anything from Bobbys, Scampi Fries, Spicy Nik Naks or Fish and Chips biscuits.
Accompany with a can of Shandy Bass, Dandelion & Burdock, Barrs Cream Soda or a generic brand milk shake in a plastic bottle.
Chocolate would be Cadbury's Snack, Bournville's Rum & Raisin, Dairy Milk Crunch or the soon to be gone Caramac: - Basically anything you could have found in a vending machine stuck to a train station wall.

Add in a single samosa in a plastic bag out of the fridge cabinet and you're living the dream.

* - Newsagents and ESK - Over twenty years into this millenium and I managed to find Goblin Steak Puddings and cardboard boxes of Poppets in ESK! I keep returning, but haven't found 'Cremola Foam' or 'Rise and Shine'.

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Brannigans roast beef and mustard (if still available), Double Decker, drink wise been in Asia too long so milk tea / cold coffee / local energy drink or if in UK and can’t get those maybe something weird like tizer or lilt
Used to love Brannigans, a proper pub crisp

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Brannigan's Roast Beef and Mustard (Old Recipe)
Starbar
Rubicon Strawberry & Kiwi

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Some FANTASTIC suggestions on here and many threesomes that I'd like be all over.

Does a three-pack (or maybe even a sleeve of 10) of Jaffa cakes class as a 'chocolate bar'? I doubt it, so I'd choose: Walkers Sensations' lime and corriander chutney poppadoms, a Spira and blackcurrent tango*

*which gives me the excuse to post this beauty:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Salt & Vinegar Squares
Still water
Whatever chocolate bar the homeless person outside fancies (I don't have a sweet tooth)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here