"You can't say we didn't half deserve a point"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Let's face it we took them to bits. They were quick on the break, scored a really nice goal and came close at the end but we finished two chances, had a perfectly good goal disallowed and hit the post when clean though. On another day we'd have won 4-1 or even 5-1.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I live in Warwick and stopped at the services on the m25 on the way home. I spoke with a group of brum fans. They made the following observations

1) they had considered us lucky until they saw us and we're very impressed
2) we dominated and if we had not won it would have been a shocker
3) Solly march was outstanding but kayal is the main man
4) PiG can't catch
5) we wasted time but every team would have done it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I live in Warwick and stopped at the services on the m25 on the way home. I spoke with a group of brum fans. They made the following observations

1) they had considered us lucky until they saw us and we're very impressed
2) we dominated and if we had not won it would have been a shocker
3) Solly march was outstanding but kayal is the main man
4) PiG can't catch
5) we wasted time but every team would have done it.

Sounds about right from them across the board. We were in Walkabout last night for the boxing and there was a group of their fans in front of us in the queue. Had a long chat with them, They were really impressed with us, said we were the best side they'd seen and that Kayal and March were the business. They'd previously rated their left back who March roasted at will.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Sadly Rowlett would appear to have no class as well as being deluded. It takes a big man to admit that you're team were out-played by a better side. Rowlett has a lot to learn.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If they had a better striker in the first half than that useless lump 44, they probably could have got something I felt

Stumpy Tim

Some very harsh comments on Rowett here. I think his main point was the inconsistency of the ref, which was a fair comment. No manager is going to admit that his team deserved to lose, but to say they "half deserved a point" is probably as close as you're going to get. Personally I think he comes across well, and he put out a team that came out to have a real go. Their counter-attacking was excellent, especially in the first half.

Personally I thought Birmingham were a credit yesterday. Good manager, a team who gave it their all (calling them cloggers is farcical), and a really good fan turnout. They've gone up in my estimations

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We do give every manager we beat the opportunity to bemoan the result. We seem to be hanging on at the end of every single game, which means the opposition always have the opportunity to level it. We need to actually win comfortably before the opposition manager is going to say "fair dos, we were done by a better team"

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Could easily have nicked a point at the end. We didn't respond well to them switching to 4-3-3.
Disappointed he singled out March for going down easily but failed to mention that he had Grounds on toast all day long.
The ref was awful but no different to either side and he did book Stockdale for time wasting so banging on about that was rather pointless. I thought the push in the back over the advertising boards was worth a second yellow so could easily have finished with ten men.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Could easily have nicked a point at the end. We didn't respond well to them switching to 4-3-3.
Disappointed he singled out March for going down easily but failed to mention that he had Grounds on toast all day long.
The ref was awful but no different to either side and he did book Stockdale for time wasting so banging on about that was rather pointless. I thought the push in the back over the advertising boards was worth a second yellow so could easily have finished with ten men.
Nicely put ...perhaps he should be chastising himself for not going 433 earlier

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Some very harsh comments on Rowett here. I think his main point was the inconsistency of the ref, which was a fair comment. No manager is going to admit that his team deserved to lose, but to say they "half deserved a point" is probably as close as you're going to get. Personally I think he comes across well, and he put out a team that came out to have a real go. Their counter-attacking was excellent, especially in the first half.

Personally I thought Birmingham were a credit yesterday. Good manager, a team who gave it their all (calling them cloggers is farcical), and a really good fan turnout. They've gone up in my estimations

Sit right behind their dugout and he really is a grade A tool. Literally didn't stop moaning at the fourth official and the lino all game and made himself look like an utter tw@t. If he'd been concentrating on coaching he may have made the 4-3-3 switch earlier and given us more to worry about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports