Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You are the ref.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
From tonights match -

The Anzi keeper catches the ball from a corner and walks out with the ball in one hand. Daniel Agger heads the ball out of his hand and scores. Do you:
A) Allow the goal
B) Disallow it and book Agger

Mr Blobby BHA

May 8, 2011
Worthing, West Sussex
I'd actually say a I thought the rule had always been the keeper needs 2 hands on the ball also does anyone remember bobby zamoras goal at the withdean when he knocked the ball out of the keepers hand

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I'd actually say a I thought the rule had always been the keeper needs 2 hands on the ball also does anyone remember bobby zamoras goal at the withdean when he knocked the ball out of the keepers hand

Law states that the keeper MUST have two hands to deem it his possession of the ball. Goal.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Law states that the keeper MUST have two hands to deem it his possession of the ball. Goal.

"Decision 2: The goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball by touching it with any part of his hand or arms. Possession of the ball includes the goalkeeper deliberately parrying the ball, but does not include the circumstances where, in the opinion of the referee, the ball rebounds accidentally from the goalkeeper, for example after he has made a save."

The Football League | Match | Referees | Laws of Football | Laws of Football | LAW 12 - FOULS AND MISCONDUCT

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

They changed it a while ago, I think in response to some high profile cases of it being headed out of open hands. The "two hands" thing isn't there anymore. Bensgrandad is right, the keeper just has to have control of it, and is even deemed to be in control of it while bouncing it or tossing it in the air to kick it.

goalkeeper possession.jpg

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
the keeper has to have control of the ball with 2 hands.

"Decision 2: The goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball by touching it with any part of his hand or arms. Possession of the ball includes the goalkeeper deliberately parrying the ball, but does not include the circumstances where, in the opinion of the referee, the ball rebounds accidentally from the goalkeeper, for example after he has made a save."

The Football League | Match | Referees | Laws of Football | Laws of Football | LAW 12 - FOULS AND MISCONDUCT

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
My whole life I have thought keepers had to have two hands on the ball or it was fair game.

From BBC

Fouls and Misconduct in the Fifa rulebook:

"A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball: i) while the ball is between his hands or between his hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) ii) while holding the ball in his outstretched open hand iii) while in the act of bouncing it on the ground or tossing it into the air."

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand

The Law has changed from 8 years ago I'm afraid.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I am going to have the watch the Withdean years to check but pretty sure it was at Withdean. I recall he was standing just behind/to the side of the goalkeeper and headed it out of his hand before kicking it in the net? Was the lob a semi sort of over you shoulder lob from the corner of the area?

[ QUOTE=DumLum;5277860]I think that was an away game when Bobby did that. He also scored a special long range lob in the same game?[/QUOTE]

Mr Blobby BHA

May 8, 2011
Worthing, West Sussex
Yeah I was pretty sure it was a withdean I may be wrong though but I remember the keeper looked like he was waving to someone in the crowd and there was bobby cheekily knocked the ball out of his hands. :bowdown:

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights

read the fa rules after i had posted so i stand corrected.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Wasn't it Chesterfield? Seem to remember them complaining about us cheating, despite them making illegal payments to buy players.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The old law inevitably led to a great deal of contention about whether the keeper was in control of the ball or not. The current rule brooks no doubt - the keeper is always deemed to be in control of the ball once he has taken possession of it and until he releases it. The absolute clarity has to be a good thing although the original rules (pre-1960's) when a keeper was fair game to be knocked into the net ball and all and no question it was a perfectly decent goal were much more fun :lolol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Yeah I was pretty sure it was a withdean I may be wrong though but I remember the keeper looked like he was waving to someone in the crowd and there was bobby cheekily knocked the ball out of his hands. :bowdown:

Thought that was Chesterfield away when he also scored a great goal running from the halfway line?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here