York Mosque shows the way for all of us

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think it's great that a potentially violent demonstration was diffused in such a good natured and traditionally 'English' way. It only goes to prove that (a) Most Muslims are as disgusted by events in Woolwich as anyone else, and don't condone such violence in their name, and (b) Not all EDL supporters are rabid, racist thugs - some are angry but willing to enter a dialogue and come to an understanding.

It's also nice to see NSC has produced a thread on Islam that hasn't descended into a 24-page willy-waving and name-calling binfest (containing few facts and many exaggerated and parody-esque anecdotes), having been hijacked by furiously impotent close-minded bigots and over-sensitive self-righteous left-wing flag-wavers.

Oh, wait.

Question is: Is willy waving worse than flag waving?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
It's also nice to see NSC has produced a thread on Islam that hasn't descended into a 24-page willy-waving and name-calling binfest (containing few facts and many exaggerated and parody-esque anecdotes), having been hijacked by furiously impotent close-minded bigots and over-sensitive self-righteous left-wing flag-wavers.

Of the two, Ill stick with over sensitive, and self righteous rather than furiously impotent, closed minded bigot.

:-D

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm surprised the EDL knew what to do with a cuppa. They strike me as the kind of people that when offered a cup of tea would turn it upside down, emptying it of tea and then try and eat the cup.

Last edited:

Let me know where you live and i will , or alternatively name a time and place , publicly ,on here ,and I'll be there , but you won't, you'll be just like tubthumper and slide out of it, unfortunately for him, I know his name, what he looks like , and when he's in England, where he lives, so I'll say one last time , name a time and place on here and I'll be there.

Tea and biscuits anybody?:blush:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let me know where you live and i will , or alternatively name a time and place , publicly ,on here ,and I'll be there , but you won't, you'll be just like tubthumper and slide out of it, unfortunately for him, I know his name, what he looks like , and when he's in England, where he lives, so I'll say one last time , name a time and place on here and I'll be there.

If anyone one is "sliding" it's you my friend: "any time, any place" "say that to me face to face" blah blah etc etc.....you have met me AND had my number for the past 4 years AND knew I drank in the Albert after games. All these threats and all you could muster was a gruff "I'd like an apology." You even closed my bloody gate when you stormed off after I said I didn't feel an apology was needed. I will not go as far to say you were a gentlemen but you must be one of the most well mannered well behaved mentalists out there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You forgot to mention you also have my mobile number which I gave you.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I find it amusing slightly that someone who claims that his views are perfectly reasonable and rational yet when disagreed with asks for a scrap. Baffling behaviour.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I appreciate the point you are making but I don't really feel comfortable talking for radical Muslims but my guess is that the bit you have honed in on here would not be so much of an issue were it not for the (IMHO) more important issue of bombing, trampling over and sticking our noses into business of none of our concern in their holy lands.

I appreciate that the UK troops are out of Iraq but it cannot be said that The Wests influence is no longer in the middle east. We are sticing our noses into the situation in Syria, still willy waving with Iran and the situation in Israel/Palestine show no sign of improving anytime soon.

but what about when they are screaming & asking for us to intervene ?

im not saying we should get involved but it does seem that no matter what we do we are angering 1 element or another

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I offered a pint but he kept swerving me. Maybe I should have gone down this route :wink:

I kept swerving a pint with you because come across as monumental fvcking bore , you use words like "fib" for fvck sake , you've tried to make it look like I've avoided you, don't worry , I'll see you in the new season, or whenever else you fancy.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I kept swerving a pint with you because come across as monumental fvcking bore , you use words like "fib" for fvck sake , you've tried to make it look like I've avoided you, don't worry , I'll see you in the new season, or whenever else you fancy.

Whereas as the 2 subjects you have talked about for the last 3 years are enthralling.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I find it amusing slightly that someone who claims that his views are perfectly reasonable and rational yet when disagreed with asks for a scrap. Baffling behaviour.

Incorrect , I won't stand for people dishing out personal abuse , as both you and tubthumper have , and like tubthumper , you seem reluctant to meet up to dish out this personal abuse face to face , yet seek to hide the fact with long winded posts , that say nothing.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Incorrect , I won't stand for people dishing out personal abuse , as both you and tubthumper have , and like tubthumper , you seem reluctant to meet up to dish out this personal abuse face to face , yet seek to hide the fact with long winded posts , that say nothing.

I don't want to meet you for no other reason than I have no desire to. It's quite simple. I stopped behaving like that when I was 7. Of course I'd love to shut your gobby mouth for you but risk getting a criminal record over some hothead on a chatboard? No, you're okay thanks. I'm not getting overly personal, all the ammunition I need is in the threats and "offer outs" on your posts and PM's all provided by you. We won't be meeting, not by design anyway so I suggest you develop a thicker skin or piss off to Mumsnet.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
BadFish, I've read a lot of your posts on this thread but not all so forgive me if I am asking something you have already explained.
Why are you able to separate the two murderous *******s in Woolwhich, and Abu Hamza, Anjem Choudray and the like from most Muslims, but not able to separate some of the less than savoury characters supporting the EDL and accept that as a group they have some valid concerns? They seem to be the only group actively protesting that wants the government to do more to halt the rise of Islamic Extremism in the UK, so if a person wants to make a protest, above sending a strong letter to their MP, who do they work with?
I find myself in agreement with a lot of what they stand for and I do not consider myself to be racist, Islamaphobic or drawn to violent action, I don't want rid of Muslims, I want rid of those sects that are intolerant, as I am sure you do, but sitting there saying the ***** in woolwhich are not representative of all Muslims misses the point that they are representative of an increasing number of muslims.
I posted a link to a Youtube video on page 3 or 4 of this thread, I would like to hear your thoughts on the comments made in it by Tommy whatever he is called of the EDL.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I don't want to meet you for no other reason than I have no desire to. It's quite simple. I stopped behaving like that when I was 7. Of course I'd love to shut your gobby mouth for you but risk getting a criminal record over some hothead on a chatboard? No, you're okay thanks. I'm not getting overly personal, all the ammunition I need is in the threats and "offer outs" on your posts and PM's all provided by you. We won't be meeting, not by design anyway so I suggest you develop a thicker skin or piss off to Mumsnet. Now, **** off.

You're welcome to try and " shut my gobby mouth " any time you want , anywhere you want , it's got nothing to do with getting a criminal record , it's got everything to do with you having no ********.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Whereas as the 2 subjects you have talked about for the last 3 years are enthralling.

:lolol: Quite. Out of interest what is his other subject? I've got immigration checked off, what's the other one?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes I've just found it , I didn't realise . I had it , obviously our exchange films was a lot more important to you than me , funnily enough it went straight to voicemail , dont worry, I will get through eventually.

Jesus. You really are a crank.

It's still an active number. I shall look forward to my greeting when I get home.

You're welcome to try and " shut my gobby mouth " any time you want , anywhere you want , it's got nothing to do with getting a criminal record , it's got everything to do with you having no ********.

Serious question; if you get this postal by a few personal slurs to your character on a message board, how on earth do you get through the day in real life without ending up in a fight? Or do your personality and your views command so much respect from everyone you meet that it's not a problem? Or are you, as seems most likely, just full of the brown stuff and take out all your pent-up frustration and anger on your poor keyboard?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This is too easy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports