Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yes we have injuries but tactically that was garbage, again.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Yet so many jump to the fanciful and ridiculous conclusion that any criticism of de Zerbi is a desperate cry from 'Potter lovers' to get Potter back! It's just straightforward criticism/questioning of some of RDZ's decisions. Like fans do, especially when things aren't going well; which they aren't.

None of that is relevant to abusively disparaging the good work (along with the mistakes too) that 'Graham f***ing Potter' did. No need for the 'f***ing' in there; nobody questioning current form and results is saying 'Roberto f***ing de Zerbi'.
Graham Potter is irrelevant at this point. You're only going on about him because you're obsessed and jumping on an downturn on the current Albion side to harp on about Graham f***ing Potter, and yes I will call him that when he's dragged up yet again by people who can't get over him for some reason.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bloody hell chill out. Just an innocent, honest comment. I thought this is what forums are about?
I agree. And I agree we do need a change of expectations - at this arse-end of the season.

We have the hardest run in of the top ten.

We have loads of players out injured.

RDZ has explained how we can't expect to be beating the likes of Arsenal under these circumstances.

Let's enjoy the ride as best we can and hopefully we will buy some new guys in the summer. Possibly with a new manager, who knows? :shrug:

And, nice to see you are dealing with it for what it is :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Graham Potter is irrelevant at this point. You're only going on about him because you're obsessed and jumping on an downturn on the current Albion side to harp on about Graham f***ing Potter, and yes I will call him that when he's dragged up yet again by people who can't get over him for some reason.
I don't think @GT49er is 'going on about' Potter at all. Potter has simply come up in conversation.

Perhaps some of us (not me) are concerned that if RDZ flounces it will make us look bad - lacking ambition. I'd like him to stay because he's tremendous fun and clearly an inspirational coach, but if it's not to be, I still have my club. And I am determined to (paraphrase Feng Menglong) not slip into imagining we live in 'interesting times'.

I don't think this thread is for me. I don't have the necessary sense of outrage (or entitlement, that I expect I will also find if I scroll around).

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
I agree. And I agree we do need a change of expectations - at this arse-end of the season.

We have the hardest run in of the top ten.

We have loads of players out injured.

RDZ has explained how we can't expect to be beating the likes of Arsenal under these circumstances.

Let's enjoy the ride as best we can and hopefully we will buy some new guys in the summer. Possibly with a new manager, who knows? :shrug:

And, nice to see you are dealing with it for what it is :thumbsup:
Nice one Cyril.Sorry for that one lol.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Actually thought we played well in the first half yesterday. Had some hope for a draw then. I really miss Gilmour, that was just one injurie too many.
I agree about Gilmour however if fit RDZ will play him instead of Baleba. He needs to move Gross upfield and play Gilmour and Baleba. Currently Gross is hindering play.

Do you honestly believe RDZ is getting the most out of this squad and group of players? Do you think if we finish below 10th this is a worse squad than Potters that finished 9th?

This last bit of the season will define RDZ actual abilities for me
On balance, yes I do. I don’t think any other manager could make Baleba or Buonnanote top 6 beaters at this stage of their career and that goes for too many of our options at the moment

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Do you honestly believe RDZ is getting the most out of this squad and group of players? Do you think if we finish below 10th this is a worse squad than Potters that finished 9th?

This last bit of the season will define RDZ actual abilities for me

I think he is. The games at the early part
Of the season I.e Newcastle, Wolves etc showed what we could do.

The injuries and the limited number of players which means the guys we have are getting tired, that’s why we are seeing what we are and Its not down to RDZs ability.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think he is. The games at the early part
Of the season I.e Newcastle, Wolves etc showed what we could do.

The injuries and the limited number of players which means the guys we have are getting tired, that’s why we are seeing what we are and Its not down to RDZs ability.
Out of the starting XI from Wednesday or Saturday then - assuming a fully fit squad who gets dropped for who and we see a much better performance ?

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Out of the starting XI from Wednesday or Saturday then - assuming a fully fit squad who gets dropped for who and we see a much better performance ?

I agree with Dazzer, Mitoma, March, Gilmour and a fully fit and performing Ferguson.

My point wasn’t just that we are missing players, it’s that Di Zerbi has shown he can get more out of this team, so our form now is not that he’s not getting the best out of the player, more that the injuries, tiredness and in some cases poor form of players (Ferguson, Estupinian etc) are all big factors in how we are playing now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fair enough - we still lost quite a few games with Mitoma this season (6 I think). I’m still not convinced that Enciso (granted only just back from. Injury) & Adingra are so far off March that’s the difference

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fair enough - we still lost quite a few games with Mitoma this season (6 I think). I’m still not convinced that Enciso (granted only just back from. Injury) & Adingra are so far off March that’s the difference
Think it’s the missing partnerships throughout the season as well as the individual injuries…….Mitoma needs Pervis and vice versa, March and Veltman (or Hinsh) etc. We’ve been desperately - almost freakishly - unlucky with the number and timing of injuries.

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
He has been rotating since the first game of the season
what you going on about
As it happens, March and Estupinan -- two of our major injuries early this season -- weren't really rotated. Solly played 559/810 minutes before his injury, Estupinan 495/585. Prior to Mitoma's injury at Selhurst Park, he had played 1322/1530.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Think that Jack H has been a big miss. Lamps is not in my opinion a top ten Premier League player
I've come to the same conclusion, sadly. He was electric when he first came in but all those injuries have taken their toll it seems. Sad, but true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here