Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yanks - unbelievable!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Do you think we could interest Mr Blair in a quail hunting expedition...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Only in America:dunce: :shootself

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We would be talking German brightonfan 86, get your history books out.

I find it a constant source of amazement that if ANYTHING is said against the Muslim/Islam community all the lefties on here are up in arms about it but it has ALWAYS been acceptable infact encouraged to say anything you want against the " Yanks ".

I can imagine a post on here " Arabs unbelievable " , on the other hand I can't !.

Double standards methinks :rolleyes:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I actually went on a clay pigeon shoot over Christmas and I have to say that its easier than it seems to shoot somebody.

The idea is to follow the clay as it leaves the trap and pull the trigger at the appropriatetime. I was okay but one or two others had near misses as some of the other shooters were a bit quick off the mark.

Cheney committed a basic error by not having the weapon 'broken' but that sort of stupid accident happens all too often anywhere and in any country that people shoot for pleasure.

Oh, BTW, I didn't get a thrill out of it !

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Uncle Spielberg said:

I find it a constant source of amazement that if ANYTHING is said against the Muslim/Islam community all the lefties on here are up in arms about it but it has ALWAYS been acceptable infact encouraged to say anything you want against the " Yanks ".

I can imagine a post on here " Arabs unbelievable " , on the other hand I can't !.

I think it's the fact that he broke a few of the rules of shooting in a group, you don't shoot until you identify the target, secondly you only shoot to the front and finally Chaney is ( I'm led to believe) an experienced hunter. He should have known better. You try that sort of thing on shoot in the UK and you'll get a large boot up your arse from the hunt master.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
Why would we be talking German? Don't forget (despite what your namesake Steven says) the bulk of the destruction of the German war machine was done by the Soviet Union. To put some figures on it, British and Dominion forces destroyed about 10%, the USA about 15% and the Soviet Union about 75%. Plus the USA wouldn't have joined in if we'd lost the Battle of Britain in 1940.

I think it's you who should have paid more attention in History class! (Oh, and there were 5 beaches on D-Day, the Americans were only on two of them).

Are you familiar with Gilbert and Sullivan?

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Buy why does him shooting someone tar 260 000 000 with the same brush ???

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I didn't think the septics mad a gun small enough to hit a Quail, obliterate it into a ball of feathery dust that lands just North West of greenland, yes, but small bore rifles for small birds, no :eek:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just another "friendly fire" incident then as far as I can see. The US military have made it into an art form, so why should we expect any different from the guys at the top.

Last edited:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Brovian said:
Why would we be talking German? Don't forget (despite what your namesake Steven says) the bulk of the destruction of the German war machine was done by the Soviet Union. To put some figures on it, British and Dominion forces destroyed about 10%, the USA about 15% and the Soviet Union about 75%. Plus the USA wouldn't have joined in if we'd lost the Battle of Britain in 1940.

I think it's you who should have paid more attention in History class! (Oh, and there were 5 beaches on D-Day, the Americans were only on two of them).

Are you familiar with Gilbert and Sullivan?

To be fair, if the Americans hadn't of intervened Hitler would have been able to concentrate his forces against the Russians (who had the ability to rebuild due to American backing) which would have
probably resulted in a different out come.
There is no way we as a nation would have been able to mount D-Day without USA resources.

As much as I loathe to say it, they did save our arses.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Eggmundo said:
To be fair, if the Americans hadn't of intervened Hitler would have been able to concentrate his forces against the Russians (who had the ability to rebuild due to American backing) which would have
probably resulted in a different out come.
There is no way we as a nation would have been able to mount D-Day without USA resources.

As much as I loathe to say it, they did save our arses.
I think as far as WINNING WW2 goes we couldn't have doen it without them, unless the Russians and Germans had battered each other to a standstill and we'd sneaked in roound the back. What saved us was Hitler attacking Stalin, at one time it was a possibility that we could have been at war with both Germany and the USSR! Hitler wanted that, he told Stalin that if they crushed Britain they could divide the British Empire between them "It would be a house without a master" as Hitler described it.

I like these "what if?" discussions. What if the Japanese hadn't attacked Pearl Harbor? Would the USA still have joined in. Perhaps. As Churchill said, "You can always rely on the Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else."

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Brovian said:
Hitler wanted that, he told Stalin that if they crushed Britain they could divide the British Empire between them "It would be a house without a master" as Hitler described it.

Ah yes but what he told Stalin and what he actually wanted to do were 2 different things.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Eggmundo said:
Ah yes but what he told Stalin and what he actually wanted to do were 2 different things.

Did the same with Chamberlin with the 1938 Munich agreement.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Uncle Spielberg said:

Well said that man!

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Not all Americans are Yanks as someone pointed out to me the other day, just the residents in the north eastern part. Should not forget that our commonwealth cousins (Canada, Australia etc), also played a kind of role (albeit small). but agree with the war posts above.

E

enigma

I like the majority of Americans. I just dont like the ones in the biblebasher belt like George Bush etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here