Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] XRP

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Anyone with a passing resemblance to one of those men from the Tefal adverts got any opinions on this?

I've done my research, and I'm onside - but being a rational and sensible person I'm open to the views of naysayers...

Before anyone says "Crypto is a perceived store of value and a Ponzi scheme" please understand XRP/Ripple actually has a 'use case' and is functional. It looks like it could replace SWIFT and in the future even Visa may be worried.

However I'm not a boffin. I'm aware the SEC is in a lawsuit (as it has been with Apple and Tesla.. hmmm) and the future is murky.

We have some brilliant crypto-boffins on here, so I'd love some opinions before I shake my piggy bank at the latest Linqto offering of Ripple shares with a 20% discount.

:smile:

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
Anyone with a passing resemblance to one of those men from the Tefal adverts got any opinions on this?

I've done my research, and I'm onside - but being a rational and sensible person I'm open to the views of naysayers...

Before anyone says "Crypto is a perceived store of value and a Ponzi scheme" please understand XRP/Ripple actually has a 'use case' and is functional. It looks like it could replace SWIFT and in the future even Visa may be worried.

However I'm not a boffin. I'm aware the SEC is in a lawsuit (as it has been with Apple and Tesla.. hmmm) and the future is murky.

We have some brilliant crypto-boffins on here, so I'd love some opinions before I shake my piggy bank at the latest Linqto offering of Ripple shares with a 20% discount.

[emoji2]
I had some xrp, made a little money but sold it all... Dyor on the founders, one very shady guy at the top iirc... I think there are better options, not financial advice

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
People have been waiting for XRP to pump for a long time now. Didn't even do it during a bull market.

Most people who bought it or held it only did so in the hope they would win the lawsuit and it would then see a large move upwards.

Trouble is that would then see huge volumes of sell pressure occur from people wanting to get their money out of it.

I'd be very wary of XRP.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

:smile:

XRP doesnt have a proper use case. Ripple are providing a genuine technology to improve transactions, just it doesnt use XRP.

i see the question is actually about shares in Ripple, not XRP. think the general strategy applies either way, if the SEC case fails then XRP will soar. dont know where or how Ripple is traded to take advantage, remember exit strategy is as important as how you aquire an asset.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
XRP doesnt have a proper use case. Ripple are providing a genuine technology to improve transactions, just it doesnt use XRP.

i see the question is actually about shares in Ripple, not XRP. think the general strategy applies either way, if the SEC case fails then XRP will soar. dont know where or how Ripple is traded to take advantage, remember exit strategy is as important as how you aquire an asset.

You are wrong on every single point lol

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here