Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xmas Morning Drinking........who has started then?

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I am about to start making the brandy butter - an annual excuse to reduce the stocks of less than ideal spiritous liquors that sit untouched at the back of the cupboard for the rest of the year. Should I use the Calvados, the Polish pear brandy, or the Czech plum brandy? Any advice would be welcomed. The decision will also involve a decision on what variety of alcohol will be the first to cross my lips this Christmas morning.

Taste them all and then decide....[emoji6]

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Taste them all and then decide....[emoji6]

I concour,let there be a bit of experitimitation and test as one goes so to speak.....LB could just produce the next big thing in the process too.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I am about to start making the brandy butter - an annual excuse to reduce the stocks of less than ideal spiritous liquors that sit untouched at the back of the cupboard for the rest of the year. Should I use the Calvados, the Polish pear brandy, or the Czech plum brandy? Any advice would be welcomed. The decision will also involve a decision on what variety of alcohol will be the first to cross my lips this Christmas morning.

I think that I'd go for the calvados, but testing them isn't a bad idea either!

alcohol consumption for me starts at noon on the dot on Xmas day, with a bottle of bubbly.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think that I'd go for the calvados, but testing them isn't a bad idea either!

alcohol consumption for me starts at noon on the dot on Xmas day, with a bottle of bubbly.

:lolol: most people start with a glass

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Started with a shot of famous grouse in my coffee for breakfast at 9am. 3 whisky coffees so far. There is also a bottle of jäger and a pack of red bull to be consumed later. A lovely present from my mum. She knows me so well lol

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Freshly squeezed lemon juice in hot water, tea and now coffee.

Will probably have a glass of wine when I get round to parents

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Started with fizz now onto jamesons and ginger ale

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm now on the Sherry and coke after a beer starter

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Just having my first Cisk of the day :)

Merry Christmas everyone :bigwave:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
A very large Sipsmith's and Tonic has just kicked the day off to an accelerated start. Champagne cocktails next methinks.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
After a much delayed start it is Gin O'clock at last.

I went for the Czech plum brandy. It seemed to be the best accompaniment for a plum pudding. A Harvey's Christmas pudding bought a year ago, in the certain knowledge that a year's festering will improve it enormously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here