Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

XL Airways,whose,s next ??

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Over the last few weeks a number of papers have carried reports reguarding XL Airways such as with drawing their flights to the West Indies (only introduced in spring) even as late as Tuesday reports were saying XL was looking to re-finance. I am no expert,but surely that should have been seen as 'cause for concern' as to the company well-being ? I would suspect they will not be the last to go. :bigwave:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Richard Branson was on the news this morning saying that if British Airways and American Airlines are allowed to work together, they could wipe out lots of smaller airlines / holiday frms.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just about to book my Summer holiday with JMC so they had better be OK

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
We were stung in the collapse of Seguro holidays the day before XL went tits up. I went to book another holiday at Barrhead Travel the morning after XL went and I was told the they were not selling XL packages a full 10days before it ceased trading. But people were still buying XL on line just hours before XL pulled the plug.

Bastards!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
One of the most volatile industries going, anyone without megabucks behind them is going to suffer.

Anyone remember Air Europe?

Second only to BA in their day. Collapsed on itself.

I'd be surprised if Alitalia survive without some serious financial assistance

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am sure that there was a report saying that Alitalia only have enough fuel to last them till tomorrow...best not book a flight with them that isn't scheduled to arrive until Tuesday morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here