Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

XBOX lights turned RED

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No, I wouldn't say f***ed. Or Fuct.

But it does need repairing. If it's only three quarters red you have the red ring of doom. Go to xbox.com and there will be a link there for you to get it repaired, free of charge. They will arrange collection, and delivery, and will repair it free of charge, as long as it is less than 3 years old.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Depends how many red lights there are. How many? It may just be that the power brick thingy has come unplugged? Check you haven't done anything stupid.

Microsoft are excellent at dealing with these, within a week you could well have a brand new machine plus a couple of months free Xbox Live.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh ok thanks fellas, it is the ring of death btw!!

i'll get on to microsoft.

i know its less than 3yrs old, but i dont think i've got the reciept, but ive got the box and everything

You'll be alright, quoting them the serial number on the back of the console should give them the rough age of your machine.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Depends how many red lights there are. How many? It may just be that the power brick thingy has come unplugged? Check you haven't done anything stupid.

Microsoft are excellent at dealing with these, within a week you could well have a brand new machine plus a couple of months free Xbox Live.

But the point is this shouldn't be happening so often. It's clearly a fault with the product design which Microsoft hasn't dealt with proplerly.

I'm no fanboy, but I've never had my PS3 crash on me in over 2 years of ownership. I'd be livid if I owned a 360 and this fault happened. Manufacturers of other appliances would have to recall them if something similar happened.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
But the point is this shouldn't be happening so often. It's clearly a fault with the product design which Microsoft hasn't dealt with proplerly.

I'm no fanboy, but I've never had my PS3 crash on me in over 2 years of ownership. I'd be livid if I owned a 360 and this fault happened. Manufacturers of other appliances would have to recall them if something similar happened.

thing is the PS3 does it too , the "yellow button of death" it is dubbed

ah well , I'm in the same boat too , might try a new power supply when I get a chance :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

From what I've heard, GENUINELY failure rates on Xbox360's and PS3's are far closer than Sony would like people to believe.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
At the end of the day, I'd rather a really good gaming machine for 51 weeks of the year than a mediocre and massively overpriced one for 52 weeks of the year. All IMO, of course.

Cue MASSIVE binfest...

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
What do you expect from companies that are in the gaming market for a quick buck. no passion, no soul.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What do you expect from companies that are in the gaming market for a quick buck. no passion, no soul.

Companies in the gaming market to make money?! Disgraceful! :jester:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ooh, now I've got a PS3 I can join in.
PS3 kicks X-Box ARSE because of Blu-Ray, which is, quite simply, IMMENSE.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Bleh. I've got a MASSIVE dvd collection, everyone is finally upgraded from Video, not flipping upgrading again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bleh. I've got a MASSIVE dvd collection, everyone is finally upgraded from Video, not flipping upgrading again.

DVD's play on Blu-Ray you silly. It even UPSCALES them so they look even BETTER.

(not the really old ones mind, some of those look a bit cack)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

*throws two pence in *

well SURELY nowadays you can get a good deal on a 360 AND a bluray DVD player for the cost of a PS3

that way you get STUNNING quality DOOVDs and excellent GAMING from the 360 :thumbsup:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It does make me chuckle that every time someone posts a thread about XBox or PS3 the old debate kicks off again.

I personally have an XBox and my housemate has a PS3. We probably play on them equally as much and there is no reason one is better than the other

francisg1

Montone English
Jul 26, 2004
Cardiff
Anyone had a problem with an Xbox 360 freezing without the red rings? Mine's started doing this (around 2-3 mins into any gameplay) - been told it could be the dvd drive laser. Problem is, because it is not under warranty and I don't get the red rings, Microsoft say it will be £80 to fix.

Anyone had this happen to them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here