Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xbox 360

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
Just had the dreaded red light come on. 1 red light flashing with the error message e73. Anybody else had the same? If I send it off to microsoft they are going to charge me £78 which is rediculous. Anybody else had the same problem/any tips?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
im sure you'd get a much better response from a dedicated Xbox forum, but have you tried turning it off and on again? :D

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yeah you could spend £300 on a PS3, or you can buy a blu-ray player for £120. No games to get excited over to be perfectly honest.

But in answer to your original question, you are indeed best off going to a xbox forum or something.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Just had the dreaded red light come on. 1 red light flashing with the error message e73. Anybody else had the same? If I send it off to microsoft they are going to charge me £78 which is rediculous. Anybody else had the same problem/any tips?

What can i say, you should have brought a PS3

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Microsoft should not be charging you anything they agree to cover all problems re red lights regardless of warranty,
Mine was modded, and the still repaired it for free
Why are they saying there will be a charge?

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
"Yeah you could spend £300 on a PS3, or you can buy a blu-ray player for £120. No games to get excited over to be perfectly honest."

PS3 exclusives- Uncharted, Resistance1 + 2, MGS4, Little Big Planet, KILLZONE 2, Motorstorm and this year GOD OF WAR3 AND HEAVY RAIN! God some people are clueless : )

stan

Oct 8, 2008
The dreaded "ring of death" is three red lights. If your xbox is under three years old microsoft will fix it free. If you got one light and its over one year your f***ed and have to pay for repair or just get a new one?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

unlucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"Yeah you could spend £300 on a PS3, or you can buy a blu-ray player for £120. No games to get excited over to be perfectly honest."

PS3 exclusives- Uncharted, Resistance1 + 2, MGS4, Little Big Planet, KILLZONE 2, Motorstorm and this year GOD OF WAR3 AND HEAVY RAIN! God some people are clueless : )

Xbox:

1. Better graphics - proved over dozens of tests, look them up
  2. Better games line up. Sony cannot compete with Gears of War Trilogy, Halo Trilogy, Mass Effect and Oblivion
  3. Sony is losing exclusivity on it's big franchises - Tekken, Gran Turismo, MGS (yes that's right), Final Fantasy
  4. Blu Ray is costing ridiculous amounts to produce, Sony are losing money fast on that one
  5. Xbox Live is absolutely fantastic and worth every penny, far superior online system to Sony's
  6. Outselling PS3 consistently in both hardware and software
  7. Far, far, FAR better value for what you get price-wise
  8. See this report from an unbiased game developer who develops on both platforms Playstation 3 vs. XBOX 360 - A Game Developer's Perspective - hardCOREware.net

:shootself <=== What Sony have done with the PS3.

I loved the PS2 and would always argue it was better than the original Xbox, by the way.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Little Big Planet. Quite possibly the most over-hyped game on the PS3 and it's absolutely rubbish. So much so most retailers are practically giving it away (£12 New on Amazon).

The only game which would make anyone consider buying the PS3 is Gran Turismo 5. Estimated release date: August 2017.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Mine died last week, ring of death. UPS picked it up the next day as it's still under warranty and i was suprised how easy it was to arrange, just register at XBOX.com and then go through the relevant options...

I haven't played World at War for over a week.....:down:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
im sure you'd get a much better response from a dedicated Xbox forum, but have you tried turning it off and on again? :D

My son's XBOX360 has gone wrong and whilst my first (and only) technical suggestion was exactly this NSC inspired advice. Frankly, I was disappointed it didn't work. His machine is 14 months old so its out of warranty. Microsoft want £96 to fix it.

Has anyone got a link to the XBOX360 forum suggested above which I can direct my son to?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
My son's XBOX360 has gone wrong and whilst my first (and only) technical suggestion was exactly this NSC inspired advice. Frankly, I was disappointed it didn't work. His machine is 14 months old so its out of warranty. Microsoft want £96 to fix it.

Has anyone got a link to the XBOX360 forum suggested above which I can direct my son to?
What's wrong with it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Dependent on exactly what the problem is, Xbox have extended most warranties to 3 years. I would look into this.

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
"Xbox:

1. Better graphics - proved over dozens of tests, look them up
2. Better games line up. Sony cannot compete with Gears of War Trilogy, Halo Trilogy, Mass Effect and Oblivion
3. Sony is losing exclusivity on it's big franchises - Tekken, Gran Turismo, MGS (yes that's right), Final Fantasy
4. Blu Ray is costing ridiculous amounts to produce, Sony are losing money fast on that one
5. Xbox Live is absolutely fantastic and worth every penny, far superior online system to Sony's
6. Outselling PS3 consistently in both hardware and software
7. Far, far, FAR better value for what you get price-wise
8. See this report from an unbiased game developer who develops on both platforms Playstation 3 vs. XBOX 360 - A Game Developer's Perspective - hardCOREware.net

<=== What Sony have done with the PS3.

I loved the PS2 and would always argue it was better than the original Xbox, by the way."

Why do people get so hecked up over these consoles? I am just saying those are great exclusives (not everyone is going to like them)!
p.s for the love of god someone please tell me how to quote comments properly : )

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The disk says "reading" then ejects. Try again, it says "reading" then ejects. It simply not reading any of the disks, or dvds.

We rang the helpline (helpful I must admit) who took him through various things including unplugging it from the extension cable and plugging it in the wall (which I took to be the Microsoft version of turning it off and turning it on again) All to no avail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here