Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WTF has happened to Adam El Abd?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
When you turn up for training in the morning and see Gus Poyet and Mauricio Taricco standing there in tracksuits and telling you what to do , you listen and take note. As opposed to two clowns, doing a juggling act and a sligtly podgy funny guy, who makes you laugh by whipping off his cap and rubbing his bald head. Its called respect, SIMPLES!!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's good that he has a regular position. As a central midfield player he lacked vision, as a right back he could be skinned for pace and beaten positionally, but he has excelled as CB.

Well done Bomber!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
To paraphrase Harold McMillan, coaching dear boy, coaching.

The tackle in the box in the second half was Mooresque.

I have been saying for a few weeks that we might lose him to a bigger club, which is staggering as a lot of people thought he shouldn't have got a new contract a couple of years ago!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gus said in an interview, 'He listens to me and does as he is told'
In Gus we trust. A year ago it seemed bizarre that Adam ever made the team, he was awful.

The fact is, most teams could get either promoted or relegated, depending on how well they perfom together. It can be a fine line between success and failure, and we've seen our team in the past struggle in the bottom, then get promotion to the championship with many of the same players.

Tony and Gus :bowdown:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
from charlton forum...

SouthendaddickCommentTime7 hours ago # 88
Still in shock at quite how poor Brighton made us look at times.

Seeing as Poyet basically copied the tactics of Glenn Hoddle, from the passing out of the back four, to the Hoddle (Kishishev) role, to the formation you do wonder if the nutcase is actually in the coaching line up.

A total lesson in keeping the ball, counter attacking, finishing, defending (how good was their number 6), unity, fans support etc etc.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There's some irony in the fact that the one guy who was the most maligned part of that super crop of young Seagulls a few years back is the only one left at the club and in all likelihood the best player of the lot.

If not the best, he's certainly the one who looks like he's going to have the better career. Gus had time with most of them-Adam listened to Gus, did what he was instructed to do and has turned things around completely.

I wasn't a great fan of El Abd (especially after his 'wanker moment' a while back) and often thought of him as a bit of a liability but I'm delighted for him in the way he's turned things around. He's also showed he has the balls to put up with some of the crap he's had to contend with from Albion fans.

Just shows why I'm not in football management and Gus is:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here