Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WSF. The Origins Of Casuals In Brighton.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Biba became resident in Coasters and used to hang around Rory, had my first TS encounter with her in the bogs there.

Stupid question but I seem to remember a Tranny with a strong Middle Eastern accent around town. Actually not sure what the accent was. I vividly remember being in the back of a friends Fiat 130 on Brighton Seafront and an offer to put his hand down the front of the jeans which he refused.

Could that have been the same person Biba?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The best one was Rory from Coasters - sheer class

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
For young Brightonians raised on the relatively chic and polished Brighton of today, a trip back 28 years would clearly represent quite a culture shock, especially in terms of Nightlife.

Brighton in that era could still boast clubs called Night Fever and pubs named Shades, relics of a decade before.

I'm stunned by your accurate and factual memory. Annabelles, Smugglers, Cavern - we all had our name for it but what a place. I was in the Sea House the night Spurs were down, then onto the Queen Anne - that short walk was like a war scene. The tables turned the next day when the Spurs fans took the North Stand, well all of it except a small section occupied by the Hollingbury boys.

As for your recollection of the fruit machines.......I can still picture lads crouching down to look at the next fruit on the reels, with another lad reading from his list of fruits, then when the third melon clicked into place the sound of the machine trying to spew out the winnings from an empty machine. Some paid out in tokens that could be only be used to purchase at the bar.

more please

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Stupid question but I seem to remember a Tranny with a strong Middle Eastern accent around town. Actually not sure what the accent was. I vividly remember being in the back of a friends Fiat 130 on Brighton Seafront and an offer to put his hand down the front of the jeans which he refused.

Could that have been the same person Biba?

In the Coasters days Biba had bleached blond hair and big fake tits not sure about the accent, used to see more of her at Rorys Sunday night club. If she wasn't there Rory used to say she was 'working' in London that night.
Weird days , very weird days.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
I also remember Fulham away about 20 -30 of us went up in about 85 cant remember much about the game pretty non eventful but on the way back got off at east croydon and bumped into our selhurst friends.one of their lads was called saed and had a bit of a rep but when we cornered him in subway he shit himself real bad soon OBturned up and fun and gsmes stopped .Also did southhampton away one night got to station early and waited for older lot to turn up his was made up of several longheads and the kenyons.whilst waiting Bobby Robson turned up we had a chat with him and he told us he was going to watch Gary Stevens he was a realy nice bloke. Anyway the older lot did not show so we got train back .The next day we found out older ones came in on train as we were going out they went to match and took saints end we were gutted missing out on fun and games but will never forget meeting bobby robson ,Gary stevens must of impressed as he was in the next England squad

My old man fought in the battle of West Street, came out of the Bosun chinned one of the pikeys but got nutted by another and came round in Boyces Street with his girlfriend looking after him, my mum.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Crellin is this the bloke from Crawley,met him a couple of times,didnt he get caught out in brighton 1 night and took refuge behind the bar in 1 of the pubs near the station while him a few pals were getting a kicking:thumbsup:

Tony Covelle ?? He is Chelsea

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Nearly 14000 views !!! Love it or hate it - it seems more people are interested in the days when football was working class and fun, rather than whether we should take balloons to Villa . Keep it up cavern

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
I also remember Fulham away about 20 -30 of us went up in about 85 cant remember much about the game pretty non eventful but on the way back got off at east croydon and bumped into our selhurst friends.one of their lads was called saed and had a bit of a rep but when we cornered him in subway he shit himself real bad soon OBturned up and fun and gsmes stopped .Also did southhampton away one night got to station early and waited for older lot to turn up his was made up of several longheads and the kenyons.whilst waiting Bobby Robson turned up we had a chat with him and he told us he was going to watch Gary Stevens he was a realy nice bloke. Anyway the older lot did not show so we got train back .The next day we found out older ones came in on train as we were going out they went to match and took saints end we were gutted missing out on fun and games but will never forget meeting bobby robson ,Gary stevens must of impressed as he was in the next England squad

Fulham away '85 i remember that very well, a group of us including a person mentioned on here a few times got attacked on the way back to the tube station, myself and a certain poster who is currently serving a years ban from NSC ended up in the nick, while the Fulham fans who were wielding the contents of a rubbish skip all got away

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Tony Covelle ?? He is Chelsea
don,t know him, this corllin or whatever his name is ,is 100 percent palace and was crawley, i used to work in crawley in the early eighties and he was always coming into my place of work 2 see 1 of my work mates who was his best mate and palace ,always growling and making threats 2 me .nearly kicked off with him on a stag nite in crawley .

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Fulham away '85 i remember that very well, a group of us including a person mentioned on here a few times got attacked on the way back to the tube station, myself and a certain poster who is currently serving a years ban from NSC ended up in the nick, while the Fulham fans who were wielding the contents of a rubbish skip all got away

Same day?

Big away following built from Portslade and Hove, and maybe more come Haywards Heath. On arrival at Victoria the group was immediately tagged by OB through the tube and onwards. Ended up drinking in pub at the other end of a park/rec from Craven Cottage. No problems at all and the landlord very happy to treble his takings that day, but outside the OB were not so keen on the large numbers. Outside everyone was searched and it seems that lots of people were carrying weapons, strange as no-one was earlier:eek:. By kick off half the group had been ejected from the ground and were having a friendly kick about in the park with local kids. Again the OB were none too keen and made the kids clear off!! Mind you they had their work cut out at full time, I remember an old school friend chasing one set of non-Albion fans up the street waving a corner flag around his head!

Last edited:

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Same day?

Big away following built from Portslade and Hove, and maybe more come Haywards Heath. On arrival at Victoria the group was immediately tagged by OB through the tube and onwards. Ended up drinking in pub at the other end of a park/rec from Craven Cottage. No problems at all and the landlord very happy to treble his takings that day, but outside the OB were not so keen on the large numbers. Outside everyone was searched and it seems that lots of people were carrying weapons, strange as no-one was earlier:eek:. By kick off half the group had been ejected from the ground and were having a friendly kick about in the park with local kids. Again the OB were none too keen and made the kids clear off!! Mind you they had their work cut out at full time, I remember a school friend chasing one set of non-Albion fans up the street waving a corner flag around his head!
remember chelsea playing baseball in the park not sure if it was the same year

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
Same day?

Big away following built from Portslade and Hove, and maybe more come Haywards Heath. On arrival at Victoria the group was immediately tagged by OB through the tube and onwards. Ended up drinking in pub at the other end of a park/rec from Craven Cottage. No problems at all and the landlord very happy to treble his takings that day, but outside the OB were not so keen on the large numbers. Outside everyone was searched and it seems that lots of people were carrying weapons, strange as no-one was earlier:eek:. By kick off half the group had been ejected from the ground and were having a friendly kick about in the park with local kids. Again the OB were none too keen and made the kids clear off!! Mind you they had their work cut out at full time, I remember a school friend chasing one set of non-Albion fans up the street waving a corner flag around his head!

must be the same day , i lived in HH at the time and travelled up with some lads from Portslade and can remember loads being ejected and having a kick about in the park

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
great thread, remember all those places ,saturday nights were always lively,always started in coasters remember fat rory the dj and that thing with him,and then at 11 onto top rank,pink coconut,buzbys,never made the last train home:thumbsup:

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Smudger Smith was the hardest copper I have ever met. Ex Guardsman, built like a brick shit house who would make Peter Crouch look short. He called his size 15 boots Judge & Jury. If all Soldiers looked like him, the Taliban would shit themselves and run!

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
don,t know him, this corllin or whatever his name is ,is 100 percent palace and was crawley, i used to work in crawley in the early eighties and he was always coming into my place of work 2 see 1 of my work mates who was his best mate and palace ,always growling and making threats 2 me .nearly kicked off with him on a stag nite in crawley .

In all the years of run-ins with the fella could never work out his name - Corelli? Crelly? Crelligan? and more have all been suggested but who cares - deserves a spanking on sight!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here