Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

From 2004 ...

Fans United at the Racecourse - my report

wrexham1.jpg

wrexham2.jpg

wrexham19.jpg

wrexham27.jpg

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Southampton and Wrexham in the cup to see in the new year. Perfect.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm really pleased for Wrexham. I don't think they should be underestimated either, top of the Blue Square often equates to a top 6 league 2 team. I hope the club prices this sensibly to ensure another sell out.

Well happy.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm really pleased for Wrexham. I don't think they should be underestimated either, top of the Blue Square often equates to a top 6 league 2 team. I hope the club prices this sensibly to ensure another sell out.

Well happy.

Was thinking about pricing perhaps £15 adults and £5 kids

wrexhamfan

Sep 19, 2006
Looking at the Wrexham forum, some of them don't seem too happy about getting us.

It's opportunity cost. You measure the value of an opportunity by what you've given up to get it. So drawing Brighton away when Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal or Everton were in the hat is obviously a slight disappointment.

I prefer to look at it that we could have drawn Crawley, Stevenage or the Franchise - three draws that would have depressed me deeply. Of the Championship clubs, the London ones, Brighton and Doncaster were the ones I was looking for. Pretty keen to watch the reds at your new ground too.

I think what we really wanted was a draw that would, Exeter-style, eclipse all our financial problems and allow us to ride merrily into the sunset. Brighton away, while a great tie for the romantics, a nice day out and a fantastic stadium to visit, doesn't do that.

It will provide a bit of a boost to the finances, but one that will leave us with loads left to do ourselves to secure our future.

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
It's opportunity cost. You measure the value of an opportunity by what you've given up to get it. So drawing Brighton away when Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal or Everton were in the hat is obviously a slight disappointment.

I prefer to look at it that we could have drawn Crawley, Stevenage or the Franchise - three draws that would have depressed me deeply. Of the Championship clubs, the London ones, Brighton and Doncaster were the ones I was looking for. Pretty keen to watch the reds at your new ground too.

I think what we really wanted was a draw that would, Exeter-style, eclipse all our financial problems and allow us to ride merrily into the sunset. Brighton away, while a great tie for the romantics, a nice day out and a fantastic stadium to visit, doesn't do that.

Hello Wrexham fan. Might be worth telling your forum that our gates are misleading because all games sell out at the Albion and the crowd figures go up and down depending on away turn out and season ticket holders that dont turn up. The Wrexham game is a chance for people like me, casual fans that don't have a season ticket to go. If its ay £20 in and £10 for kids then it should sell out and so not a bad pay day for you. For me Wrexham is the perfect draw, and another chance for a Fans United.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009

It will provide a bit of a boost to the finances, but one that will leave us with loads left to do ourselves to secure our future.

I expect a near 18k crowd for this, and we didn't exactly walk all over FC United last year, so should be a good game.

Won't be on telly though.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Great draw, first time we'll have played them since the last league game of 03/04! Looking forward to it.

Feb 14, 2010
Hopefully a big following from Wrexham, and a good day out. I always think that Wrexham are a club with potential. OK the town is not massive but they have a big catchment area

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Wrexham!
No.1 welsh side
Great fans
Fantastic 3rd round tie!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here