Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wrexham v Notts Co 3pm BT Sport

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I must admit after Saturday's game I couldn't watch any football, live or highlights yesterday.

However, today, there is the prospect of an absolute cracker on BT Sport at 3. Our old mates Wrexham are now regarded as some kind of non league Man Utd by other National League and below sides, since the Ryan Reynolds take over and have just tempted Ben Foster out of a retirement of making videos, ironically dressed in a Man U kit.

They are up against Notts County, oldest professional club, brilliant away day and beaters of us at Wembley under Colin Wanker. County seem to be the team many non league twitterers want to win.

Both sides are on 100 points. Yup. 100. Wrexham have a game in hand so it's not quite game over on this result, but it will go a huge way to deciding which one single team will get back into the EFL proper.

Should be a cracker. Anyone else tuning in?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yes this has been on my radar for a while - it's absolutely bonkers that only one team gets promoted from the NL with a big playoff for second down to 7th; so insanely harsh for a team finishing second with over 100 points. Makes today's game an absolute cracker though as you say, especially with Wrexham losing for the first time in ages the other day to leave them on level points (albeit a game in hand over Notts).

Looking forward to this later! No VAR either to ruin the spectacle.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
May well tune into this. Hoping for a Wrexham win. They have lucked out with the Hollywood cash but it’s been used to revive more than just the team it’s also revived the town. As big money takeovers go this has been wholesome in my view.

Also good to See Notts fight back too. I agree with all of the above regarding the unfairness of the promotion rules for the NL. Should be three up three down now. Top 2 automatic playoff for the third spot.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apart from the fact that 2 teams get promoted and there is a playoff, that's spot on
I thought it was only the champions who go up automatically, with the runner up joining the playoffs.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The Halifax result was a real blip for Wrexham, but hopefully they can push on. If I never hear the name Paul Mullin again I’ll die a happy man (would love to see Wrexham go up and push on up the leagues, but do, however, think they’re a bit ‘over-exposed’ although equally why not, they deserve some light shone on their club)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
have been following the national league this season, so will be tuning in later

Got a case of this to get through

2D3779D5-878E-41FB-B64E-EEAB40F049F2.jpeg

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I thought it was only the champions who go up automatically, with the runner up joining the playoffs.
Correct. I think that’s what that poster meant (Two go up - one automatically, one by play off).
It used to be only one up. in the further distant past teams had to be voted into the league.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Their play-off model is an interesting example for the rest of the league with 2nd & 3rd straight into the semi-finals with home advantage. I like that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Please give the rather brilliant Rob McElhenney credit along with Reynolds. They are both co-owners of the club and he certainly comes over as a down to earth sports fan who really gets the community aspect of a club be it big or small. And he created the wonderful Always Sunny....

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The Halifax result was a real blip for Wrexham, but hopefully they can push on. If I never hear the name Paul Mullin again I’ll die a happy man (would love to see Wrexham go up and push on up the leagues, but do, however, think they’re a bit ‘over-exposed’ although equally why not, they deserve some light shone on their club)
There is added anxiety for Wrexham because towards the end of last season they inexplicably fell into a hole and lost all form and ended up blowing promotion.

With the Halifax result they must fear the same thing happening.

They mustn't lose this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here