Wrexham Saved?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dougdeep said:
It must be good news. Their board has crashed. :clap2:

Judge Rules In Our Favour

At 2pm today, Judge Norris made a summary judgement in favour of the club.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Judge Rules In Our Favour

David AclandAdministrators David Acland and Steve Williams tonight confirmed the outcome of the request to Birmingham High Court for a summary judgment in favour of returning the freehold of the Racecourse to Wrexham AFC

Their statement was as follows:

"STATEMENT FROM THE JOINT ADMINISTRATORS OF THE WREXHAM A.F.C. LIMITED ("THE CLUB")

DAVID ACLAND AND STEVEN JOHN WILLIAMS"

You will be aware from previous announcements that we had commenced litigation against Crucialmove Limited.

We were seeking an order that the freehold to the Racecourse Ground be vested to the Club.

The proceedings were originally set down for a trial to take place in the High Court Birmingham on 10 and 11 November 2005.

However, following disclosure of certain documents within the proceedings, our Counsel was of the opinion that Crucialmove had no defence to the proceedings and that an immediate application should be made for Summary Judgment.

Application was brought before the courts on 7 October 2005, but was adjourned to a full day's hearing on 14 October 2005.

We are pleased to announce that at 2.00 p.m. today, His Honour Judge Norris handed down judgment in favour of the Club. To quote his Honour Judge Norris' words:-

Steve WilliamsI will declare that the registered freehold title of which Crucialmove is now proprietor is held on trust for the Club subject to charge in favour of Crucialmove to secure payment of the sum of £300,000 plus the original acquisition costs.

Furthermore, His Honour Judge Norris refused permission to appeal, however, leave of appeal may be granted by the Court of Appeal.

Subject to the outcome of the appeal process our intention is to seek a sale of the Club at the earliest opportunity in the hope of ensuring its long-term survival.

At this stage, can we take this opportunity to thank our legal team for their efforts, Joey Byrne of Turner Parkinson Ltd and also Alistair Wyville of St Phillips Chambers. Can we also thank the Directors and staff of the club, the Wrexham Supporters Trust and all fans who have lent their support to the litigation.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
What a fantastic result for football supporters. It shows that nio matter how weak and feeble the FA are, the strength and detrmination of true fans shows that anything can be achieved. Now lets get Falmer and make this a true football fans triumph.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

It also makes standing in the snow and cold collecting on the wear red for Wrexham day seem even more worthwhile now.

Dandyman

In London village.
:clap2:

Well done to the Wrexham boys & girls. Another victory for fan power.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
B.M.F said:
What a fantastic result for football supporters. It shows that nio matter how weak and feeble the FA are, the strength and detrmination of true fans shows that anything can be achieved. Now lets get Falmer and make this a true football fans triumph.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

It also makes standing in the snow and cold collecting on the wear red for Wrexham day seem even more worthwhile now.

I was soaked right through that day :rolleyes:
Well done Richie for organising that collection.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am really happy - great news and glad I made a contribution.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
They are so overjoyed at the news.
There's 12 pages (so far) on the thread, grown men crying, thanking all those who helped out (including Brighton fans) and wishing us all the best for Falmer

http://www.red-passion.com/

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I am so happy -- I have a warm spot for Wrexham having recently read Twenty-Two Foreigners in Funny Shorts, by Peter Davies, which is a history of the World Cup for Americans, intercut with a game-by-game diary of Wrexham's '93 promotion season.

Sits next to Gullhanger on the shelf....

What a night - my head hurts, my eyes are red & puffy.

Finally we can see light at the end of the tunnel.

We owe a huge debt of gratitude to many Brighton fans, and on behalf of Wrexham supporters can I thank each and every one of you that took time to sign petitions, to collect money, to come to games, to ring people up.

You are all stars, all I wish for now is that Brighton and it's dedicated followers get the ground they deserve.

To greedy property developers I say:salute:

To Brighton fans everywhere I say:clap2:

FANS UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED
:Iloveyouall:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
just got back from North Wales and heard the news on the road

I am so happy ... this is something which gives everyone in football in similar situations real hope

Now let's get Falmer!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Yorkie said:
I was soaked right through that day :rolleyes:
Well done Richie for organising that collection.

I would have been more soaked if it was not for the fact that EastLondon Seagull and myself started collecting in the pub:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here