Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham Report

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
West Hoathly Seagull said:
Well done y'all. I wish I'd had time to go up. Withdean was a depressing experience yesterday. I only put it down to my poncho that I haven't got a streaming cold today (and to the pint of Master Brew that I had at lunchtime). As others have said, any pictures? Yorkie, did my fiver stay dry? That was a sterling effort by you. Did Ned buy you a nice :drink: to help you dry out? Best of wishes to Wrexham in your battle. Wrexham Supporters' Trust:clap: :clap2: Hamilton:salute:

I put the fivers in the front of my handbag to keep them dry. (yes I did take all the fivers out again)
I was collecting a puddle in the bucket along with the coins. :eek:

Ned treated me to a stir fry duck in black bean sauce at the Crown & Anchor later on (with a couple of drinks) but I didn't really thaw out until I got into a nice hot bath at home.

Last edited:

Spicy2

Aug 12, 2004
London
Excellent report and it sounds a brilliant day. Well done to everyone who went.:clap2: :clap2:

Glyndwr red wxmfc

Sep 23, 2004
Wrexham
Re: Re: Wrexham Report

Hiney said:
Indeed we did.

We made our exit from the ground, got into the car and within 30 seconds were approaching the roundabout onto the main road.

Brilliant

then .....................

"SHIT - where's my bag - i think i left it by my seat. Ian, can you go back please"

40 minutes later having waited in the traffic outside The Racecourse, Turkey returned - still without his bag.

We then made another effort to get on the road when Turkey came up with the classic:

"Maybe I didn't bring a bag after all"

Marvellous

Maybe it was good thing we could'nt get in any more pubs ! :drink:

:lolol: :lolol:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
As a probably totally irrelevant aside, I was driving past the Farmers pub in Sevenoaks today, right by the station, and I saw that it had a sign up, saying, "sign our petition, save the pub. Farmers for everybody, not posh flats for the few". Just an ordinary boozer, probably a couple of real ales, fruit machine, darts, Sunday lunch possibly the only food, but a real community asset. Oh, no, nice piece of real estate next to the station, good place to put commuter flats. When are these corporate bar stewards going to realise that people will not stand for their facilities being taken by greedy businessmen? Not on the same scale as destroying a football club, but I think that it's the same principle.

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
Turkey said:
We also held up a Wrexham/brighton banner - seen on The Championship this morning.

Second half much the same. The Bristol City fans sang - "Feed The Welsh, Let Them Know Its Christmas Time". We tried to conceal our smiles! English/Welsh banter. They sang "Stand Up If You Hate England". Some of the BHA did - can't remember names. I pulled them down to their seats! Goons. A bit of banter around us and then more "We Love You Brighton", "Stand Up If you Love Brighton"/"Wrexham".

That was my banner Turkey, I was the lad that gave it to you right at the start of the day and then the lad that went to speak to you at half time with Tony.

"stand if you hate england" has to be one of the highlights of the day. The "goons" just shrugged and stood up!!! :clap2:

As for the "feed the welsh" have to admit I was laughing at that! :lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Re: Re: Wrexham Report

wrexhamgnasher said:
That was my banner Turkey, I was the lad that gave it to you right at the start of the day and then the lad that went to speak to you at half time with Tony.

"stand if you hate england" has to be one of the highlights of the day. The "goons" just shrugged and stood up!!! :clap2:

As for the "feed the welsh" have to admit I was laughing at that! :lolol:

Marvellous Scenes :clap2: What did it say? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here