Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham Replay - Provisional Information from Wrexham Official Site

Wrexham | News | Dragon News | Dragon News | Early Brighton Replay Details

Early Brighton Replay Details
Posted on Sun 08 Jan 2012

Following on from Saturday’s fantastic 1-1 draw at Brighton, Wrexham’s FA Cup third round replay against their Championship opponents is scheduled to be held on Tuesday, 17 January, 2012 with a 7.45 p.m. kick-off.

Although with the limited number of replays available for selection, there is a chance that this match could be televised live and so this date cannot be confirmed until we hear further from the FA.

The club will be in discussions with North Wales Police, the local Safety Authorities and Glyndwr University over the next 24 hours regarding ticketing arrangements for the match and hope to announce full details as soon as these discussions have been completed.

We can confirm that the match will be ticketed, but please do not phone the club in the interim period as staff will be busy making the necessary match arrangements.

First news will be made available via the club website and our local media.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
If the game were to be on say ESPN should the club consider opening up one of the concourse bars. Not many people have ESPN and a good way of making some extra money?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If the game were to be on say ESPN should the club consider opening up one of the concourse bars. Not many people have ESPN and a good way of making some extra money?

Could they put it on in Dicks Bar? I imagine that would be enough.

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
Wish they would hurry up n confirm the date, as need too book train n hotel, grrr... Anyone know when they know about tv?

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Wish they would hurry up n confirm the date, as need too book train n hotel, grrr... Anyone know when they know about tv?

At the moment I'd say we were favourites to be on tv but if Leeds get a draw tonight (unlikely) then that replay might be on the box. Saying that, not sure how many replays will be on tv, possibly 2. Probably find out tomorrow or by Weds latest........

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
any rumours about ticket prices? seen 17 quid for league games for them , is this going to be the case - will they put it up/down due to it being us? (big headed much?)

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
ESPN have a replay listing for the Tuesday, ITV for the Wednesday. So 2 chances to be televised. I imagine both broadcasters will wait until after Arsenal-Leeds tonight before deciding.

PG

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Leicester v Forest is the scheduled replay shown on ITV4 next wednesday.

ESPN haven't confirmed there's yet, either to be us at Wrexham or Bolton v Macclesfield (boring!)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Trying to be impartial, I'd rate the replays in the following order in terms of 'attractiveness'...

Wolves v B'ham
Wrexham v Albion
Bolton v Macclesfield
Leicester v Notts Forest
QPR v MK Dons
Millwall v Dag & Redbridge

I don't think you can under-estimate the draw of showing a Premiership-ish fixture.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
ESPN have a replay listing for the Tuesday, ITV for the Wednesday. So 2 chances to be televised. I imagine both broadcasters will wait until after Arsenal-Leeds tonight before deciding.

PG

Definitely this. Leeds v Arse will be on the box if it goes to a replay.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Trying to be impartial, I'd rate the replays in the following order in terms of 'attractiveness'...

Wolves v B'ham

Not if the first game was anything to go by, God awful game. I only saw the first half before leaving the pub for the Amex, but a Wolves supporting mate said it didn't improve.

There's a third broadcaster in the running, C4C .If they get it it will only be viewable on TV in Wales, although no doubt it will be pirated globally online.

C4C are the third broadcaster in the running, and if they get it then it will only be viewable in Wales on TV, although doubtlessly it will be pirated globally.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There's a third broadcaster in the running, C4C. iF THEY GET IT

C4C are the third broadcaster in the running, and if they get it then it will only be viewable in Wales on TV, although doubtlessly it will be pirated globally.

Good point. I wonder if they have a preference for Tues or Weds or whether they are happy with either.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's a third broadcaster in the running, C4C .If they get it it will only be viewable on TV in Wales, although no doubt it will be pirated globally online.

S4C is available, for free, on Sky so it wouldn't be an issue for most either at home or a friendly pub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here