Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham Advice and Help for Brighton Fans!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Hello Brighton and Hove Albion fans. Firstly i would like to thank you all for last Saturdays greeting and hospitality shown by every Brighton fan i met last weekend. It was a fantastic show of unity and one weekend we Wrexham fans will never forget. Dicks bar was amazing and the atmosphere, with the friendly banter between the 2 sets of supporters brings a massive grin to my chops!! I can't put into words how much we enjoyed ourselves but rest assured it will go down in Wrexham FC folklore!!

Ok if anyone has any questions or needs any information with regards to the trip up to Wrexham please put a question on here and i will try my best to answer!!!

Thank you once again! You are probably the best supporters in the country and we salute you!!!

Robin Redvest
Funny thread indeed as you have the old fart lord bracknell asking about night clubs and straight people wanting gay pubs:lolol:

Really glad you enjoyed the day and well done on going top again:thumbsup:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Catering at the ground, is it better/worse than ours?

Few years back in the Leom Knight era, we played Wrexham at the Racecouse - posibly about 2004?
Anyways, worst ever buger I ate in my life - pre-warmed, had the flavour and texture like the sole of a shoe.
May have imporved, but put me off buying "in the ground" food forever [anywhere].

Robin Redvest

Jan 12, 2012
Tickets

I don't know how many tickets Brighton have sold i'm sorry!! I know that Wrexham fans have snapped up all the home tickets.

As for areas to avoid, the town center is pretty safe so there's no reason to worry. As for food, for pub grub the Nags Head in the town center is pretty good and reasonably priced. They do a cracking mixed Grill for a £10.
The Golden Lion on the High St, which is the town center do a carvery for £6 which Iv'e heard is pretty decent. They also serve Wrexham lager. There is a cracking curry restaurant called Anise which is very very good. This is just outside the town center but is still walk-able. There is the usual Weatherspoon's not far from the ground, and takeaway outlets like MacDonald's etc in town. No michelin star eateries i'm afraid!!!
The town center is just a stones throw from the Racecourse and its very easy to find.

Redvest

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
I don't know how many tickets Brighton have sold i'm sorry!! I know that Wrexham fans have snapped up all the home tickets.

As for areas to avoid, the town center is pretty safe so there's no reason to worry. As for food, for pub grub the Nags Head in the town center is pretty good and reasonably priced. They do a cracking mixed Grill for a £10.
The Golden Lion on the High St, which is the town center do a carvery for £6 which Iv'e heard is pretty decent. They also serve Wrexham lager. There is a cracking curry restaurant called Anise which is very very good. This is just outside the town center but is still walk-able. There is the usual Weatherspoon's not far from the ground, and takeaway outlets like MacDonald's etc in town. No michelin star eateries i'm afraid!!!
The town center is just a stones throw from the Racecourse and its very easy to find.

Redvest

Thanks Redvest Nags Head sounds a worthwhile visit!!

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea

Redvest

Wetherspoons :) That's me sorted then :)

Warrington_Red

Jan 4, 2012
Warrington
Hello,

Another Wrexham fan here.

If I can get a ticket (!), I'll probably be in the Horse and Jockey on Hope Street (main pedestrian street in town). Two or three real ales and a 'cosy' pub.

Phil.

Warrington_Red

Jan 4, 2012
Warrington
The Fat Cat near the bus station is also worth a look. More of a modern pub but good ale and food.

I understand that most of the unused STH ticks have now gone. So should be nearly a full house. Got mine earlier!:D

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
use the turf pub outside the ground , £2 a pint plus lots of quirky interesting things to do with dominos

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
For anyone arriving today or early tomorrow the Sleepy Panda on the Tesco side (other side) of town is a great Chinese.
And anyone driving up, the Pant yr Ochain on the Wrexham side of Gresford (about 4 miles from the ground) for the more discerning palate (ie more expensive) does superb food.
If not... Pizza Hut opposite Dunelm Mill (about four min walk from the ground)

Dai Kwon Do

Jan 8, 2012
re

Have a safe trip all those travelling to The Racecourse - but leave empty handed!

Parking, pubs, ground guide etc please Google ONTTSS

Cheers! And wrap up warm!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here