Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wrap Up Warm on Saturday

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
JUst got in from a bracing dog walk, fresh it is, glad I'm not at the Amex TBH.

Surfs up on the River Adur and the crests of waves are heading south from the old Toll Bridge, that's one bitter northerly wind

Can I come on a dog walk with you next time we have got a home game? :)

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I've cried off. Survived 3 Covid jabs but my flu jab yesterday has made me a bit achy and cold - annoyingly, I thought I had booked it for last Friday but didn't read the date correctly. 3pm KO or a bit warmer and I might have thought about it as I detest missing games but just couldn't drag my sorry behind there today.

You made the right decision instead of making yourself potentially more ill.

I went out once this morning to put my football bets on but wish I hadn't bothered after the result. The heating's on and I'm enjoying the snooker with a masterclass from John Higgins at the moment. :thumbsup:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Can honestly say that's the coldest I've ever been at the Amex and that's including evening January and February fixtures. And what's surprising still is that half way up the WSU you are normally cocooned from the worst of the weather. It was something about the wind and way it swept in. Not sure the WSU has ever shifted so many hot drinks!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
38.5 degrees C was reached yesterday at the bowls pennants game I was playing in, they nearly called it off.
Will be the same today apparently.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You made the right decision instead of making yourself potentially more ill.

I went out once this morning to put my football bets on but wish I hadn't bothered after the result. The heating's on and I'm enjoying the snooker with a masterclass from John Higgins at the moment. :thumbsup:

Definitely - the thought of queueing for a train for God knows how long in the freezing cold whilst feeling a bit rough isn't appealing. Just annoyed/confused that it was my 5th vaccination of the year (Had the flu one in February after becoming eligible) was the one that made be a bit Moby. Probably my body's way of telling me it has had enough to deal with for one year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here