[Albion] Wow !!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Letting players move on higher up the food chain is all very well, but timing is everything. If we sell Bissouma and White this summer it will be a big ask for Moder and Veltman to fill their shoes. I wouldn't say Caicedo if knocking on the door - for me, that means he's put in four or five decent performances as sub in the Prem; I think we've barely seen 4 or 5 decent performances for the Under-23s. It would be remarkable if he went straight into a starting berth in midfield.

Alzate is a decent utility player, while I think Davy is done here.

The thing that worries me is the talk about Lamptey.

I don't think so. I think Alzate is a very good player who will establish himself as a first team player next season, especially if Bissouma moves on. I don't think it's a big ask for Moder to play a full season having been a very important player for the final quarter of this season just played. I think Caicedo is probably a year away from being ready to play a lot of games but he's playing International football and every glimpse of him so far has been impressive. I think he'll get a few games this season but really crack on next season. Constant progression from within the club and without the need to splash out huge fees.

Alternatively, we'll go out and buy a Sander Berge type who can come straight into the first team and keep Jenk's place warm for him while he's developing out on loan.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Love the angst of fans when the parent Club demands a high fee for their prized asset.. Its no different to any other transaction.. if he's too expensive, cut your cloth accordingly - or improve your offer.. (how's that young Maitland-Niles getting along btw)?
Its like me moaning about the price of the house down the road I quite like.. should I take to social media and tell the world that "they are having a laugh" or shall I just accept I can't afford it and look for something that I can afford..

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Personally, I think you're totally wrong. The replacement for White is already here - the question is whether it's Ostigard or Clarke, or maybe Van Hecke has developed to the head of the queue? Veltman might become first choice in the 3 with Lamptey back fit and maybe another right back to come in, or a development squad RB to get more of a chance. I think the squad is incredible and the progression of the squad is sensational.

In midfield, Caicedo is knocking on the door. Moder is a central midfielder, Alzate as well. Maybe Propper will come in from the cold.

It’s hard to argue with what you say. The squad is definitely better than any time I can remember. My comments are based on Tony’s wish to get into the top ten. With the changes you suggest we would be battling relegation again as they will need time to adjust playing full time in the PL for the first team. If we could hold on another season with the team we have (Not Biss as I think his head has been turned) it would allow the players you mention time to develop at the top level in a stable team rather than the constant pressure of trying to stay out of the bottom three.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Personally I'm enjoying the comedic value of all the spotty teenagers on the various gossip websites endlessly recycling the same illiterate and ignorant click-bait - with all their stupid cliches about Arsenal trying to 'snap up' White.

And now we've even got ex-pros like Warren Barton (or whoever he pays a couple of quid to handle his social media) suggesting that Newcastle (Newcastle! I know!) should try to gazump Tottenham for Lamptey - as if a club like Spurs with no manager and an extreme unwillingness to invest before the final day of any transfer window would risk our asking price in the first place, especially for a player who hasn't kicked a ball since December!

It's journalism, Jim, but not as we know it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I believe it would be easier to replace White than Bissouma from our existing squad.

I would be more worried if Dunk or Webster went.

If we only have to sell one player this summer, it would be goodbye and good luck Ben from me :bigwave:

Disclaimer : I think he's a brilliant young player but still a fair way from the finished article. He could go on to be a top International player, he might not, so what that money is buying is potential. And I still have some concerns about him in the air, although that could be because I am unfairly comparing him with Dunk and Webster.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I believe it would be easier to replace White than Bissouma from our existing squad.

I would be more worried if Dunk or Webster went.

If we only have to sell one player this summer, it would be goodbye and good luck Ben from me :bigwave:

Disclaimer : I think he's a brilliant young player but still a fair way from the finished article. He could go on to be a top International player, he might not, so what that money is buying is potential. And I still have some concerns about him in the air, although that could be because I am unfairly comparing him with Dunk and Webster.

We can’t replace Bissouma. We can’t replace Lamptey. But centre back? Yep, deffo. But we shouldn’t let any of our red hot talent go this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports