Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wow! How good was Steve Earle tonight?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Absolutely flippin' brilliant. Did all my faves and played for hours! Anyone else go to the Dome tonight?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I was there thanks to your heads up ages ago. He was excellent and so was the band. Confirmed why I loathe all of the televised karaoke shit we are subjected to. Nearly three hours on stage-great value.

Insanely jealous, would love to have been there. Didn't get myself organised for this or Bellowhead at the Dome, fortunately have managed to get tickets for "Show of Hands at T Wells.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
His 7th wife Alison isn't hard to look at and what a powerful voice.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
What a great night. Did anyone else meet him after show at the meet and greet! Really nice guy and had plenty of time for everyone and some great tips on where to go in New Orleans. :rock:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
What a great night. Did anyone else meet him after show at the meet and greet! Really nice guy and had plenty of time for everyone and some great tips on where to go in New Orleans. :rock:
Wish I had, but wife didn't want to stop. But I thought he seemed pretty upbeat all evening. To be honest, a much better show than last time even though he said the good previous reception and venue at the Dome prompted him to return. The wife thought the guitarist was really cool with his hat and white guitar and Alison Moorer just provides the loveliest harmonies. But it was the song selection and a great band that made it special. The drummer was a real class act and funny too. Steve was the real deal.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Ahhhh, Earle's a winger by Elkie Brooks :guitar:

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Saw the gig at the House of Blues in Anaheim, CA last month. Smallish standing only venue, not too crowded...brilliant stuff.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Yes, absolutely brilliant. How good was Telephone Road? Have seen five times now and he has never disappointed, but this was by far and away the best gig I have seen him do. Ace band!

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Mrs SNG went-front row seat, thoroughly enjoyed the evening-she remarked about the amount of instruments displayed on the stage that were all played! She was handed a plectrum at the end of the show but dropped it on the Dome floor and lost it-Doh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here