Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wouldnt happen In Germany

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't know what's more depressing reading the repetitive tit for tat arguments on this thread or our current form :down:

Edit Obviously our current form !

Yep, it is so frustrating after our start to the season. These threads provide a distraction from our lack of goals.

I suppose we will have to see what January brings.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Anyway you fellas have got your thread back. You can continue blaming thousands (or millions depending on where you decide to draw the line at that particular time) for the heinous act of a few. Keep em out and send the problems elsewhere and you don't have to worry about it. I wonder if we had acknowledged our responsibility to these people, been a bit more proactive about the problem and as SM rightly says, not tried to deny its existence we could have come up a plan to spread the burden across the planet instead of concentrating it in Germany, Turkey etc. It seems that the problems are occurring where there is a concentration of refugees. Maybe spreading the load so to speak would have meant that hosting cities and countries would have the means to deal with the problem.

I believe it was SM who came up with the idea of processing people closer to the source to ensure that only bona fide refugees would be come to any given country. This is of the course the system that we have, the problem is that it is woefully inadequate in terms of the numbers countries are prepared to take.

You and I might want to help other people, but I totally fail to see that if muslims wish to kill each other, how it is my or your responsibility to do anything. So, that logic leads to a position, whereby if we do nothing, having thousands in Calais is all our fault, because we are not taking our responsibilities seriously. And why do you continue with this ridiculous idea that folk on here are blaming thousands/millions for the actions of a few? Nowhere have you or I ever seen such an assertion -it just serves a purpose, doesn't it?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You and I might want to help other people, but I totally fail to see that if muslims wish to kill each other, how it is my or your responsibility to do anything. So, that logic leads to a position, whereby if we do nothing, having thousands in Calais is all our fault, because we are not taking our responsibilities seriously. And why do you continue with this ridiculous idea that folk on here are blaming thousands/millions for the actions of a few? Nowhere have you or I ever seen such an assertion -it just serves a purpose, doesn't it?

You chaps want to throw up the walls and refuse to help thousands and thousands of innocent people based on the action of a few. It is there is black and white old chap. If you don't see how that looks then I cannot help you or explain it any more. it really isn't difficult.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Even if you discount the bits you would consider uninhabitable (people still live there) there is plenty of space you angry halfwit.

A lack of water if the problem but that doesn't fit on their maps as well.
yes , the odd few, lets see it support a few million with extreme heat and lack of water and ill take you seriously you brain dead clown.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You chaps want to throw up the walls and refuse to help thousands and thousands of innocent people based on the action of a few. It is there is black and white old chap. If you don't see how that looks then I cannot help you or explain it any more. it really isn't difficult.
Yep, and i make no bones about it , though i'll take issue with your description of it being ''a few''.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
refuse to help thousands and thousands of innocent people based on the action of a few. .

Really, bit of a sweeping and insulting post. I think you will find that the UK has been helping thousands and thousands for years. Where do you think the billions and billions of aid we give every year is going. I think you will find that the UK gives the second largest amount of aid in the world, cetainly doing a lot more than the country you live in.
I think you will find the UK is helping many innocent people, that reflects on the many that want to live here and get help via here.
Do you not think that helping innocent people at source is better than risking the rape/terrorism and non integration of many, not just a few.
Maybe you ought to read up on how much this country does help, and remember we hopefully have a duty to protect our own from the "few".

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Interesting. According to Soulman and Bushy, I am the one to blame if these type of threads go bad but I haven't posted for a while and they both still seem to have found someone to hurl insults and get aggressive at. It really does make one wonder if they just get aggressive at anyone that challenges them. Hmmmm

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Interesting. According to Soulman and Bushy, I am the one to blame if these type of threads go bad but I haven't posted for a while and they both still seem to have found someone to hurl insults and get aggressive at. It really does make one wonder if they just get aggressive at anyone that challenges them. Hmmmm
Ok, you are squeaky clean. You certainly use words that has to have asterisks inserted, I don't. No matter, we differ in opinions you give as good as you get, so if you are looking for sympathy you will find it between sh1t and syphilis in the dictionary.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Is that not quite like you at times though?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Don't be so naïve and condescending. It is never as simple as that, old chap, so don't try and make out it is. This country has a very good record of helping others and the cash spent on foreign aid is very controversial because of the amounts involved. We have millions of immigrants already and to our credit continue to take them - but with net immigration being at over 300,000 a year (admittedly EU workers as well) there are limits. And you expect this country to take thousands and thousands more. The numbers are overwhelming and the vast majority of British people, irrespective of political persuasion, accepts that we cannot keep taking them in.
Refugees from Syria, who only seem to form half of the current wave, could well be described as innocent victims, as you choose to write, but that is hardly accurate with regard to those from other countries, who are economic migrants. I don't doubt that their home country might be less than perfect and it is of course understandable that they want to better themselves, afterall who doesn't, but they are not innocent victims of war, by and large, and we certainly have no responsibility there. The German Police reported that of those arrested for the incident in Cologne, the majority came largely from Algeria and Morocco.
So, old chap, instead of adopting the customary pompous and provocative position, try and bring some realism into your script.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ok, you are squeaky clean. You certainly use words that has to have asterisks inserted, I don't. No matter, we differ in opinions you give as good as you get, so if you are looking for sympathy you will find it between sh1t and syphilis in the dictionary.

Look at your second line, then look at your last line. You wally.

Anyway, carry on with your aggressive attitude towards those who disagree with you, it's clearly a winning formula. As you were.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
TROLL
make a deliberately provocative online posting with the aim of eliciting an angry response from someone.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Don't be so naïve and condescending. It is never as simple as that, old chap, so don't try and make out it is. This country has a very good record of helping others and the cash spent on foreign aid is very controversial because of the amounts involved. We have millions of immigrants already and to our credit continue to take them - but with net immigration being at over 300,000 a year (admittedly EU workers as well) there are limits. And you expect this country to take thousands and thousands more. The numbers are overwhelming and the vast majority of British people, irrespective of political persuasion, accepts that we cannot keep taking them in.
Refugees from Syria, who only seem to form half of the current wave, could well be described as innocent victims, as you choose to write, but that is hardly accurate with regard to those from other countries, who are economic migrants. I don't doubt that their home country might be less than perfect and it is of course understandable that they want to better themselves, afterall who doesn't, but they are not innocent victims of war, by and large, and we certainly have no responsibility there. The German Police reported that of those arrested for the incident in Cologne, the majority came largely from Algeria and Morocco.
So, old chap, instead of adopting the customary pompous and provocative position, try and bring some realism into your script.
Seeing as there have been a few of these rapes and assaults apart from Cologne, I think that Syrians have also been involved. Again how do we know who the "few" are. Perhaps families with children should be the priority rather than swathes of young men.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here