Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take a point at Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: ?

Would you take a point at Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: ?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would be disappointed with a point.

We are certainly due a win at Wednesday :lolol:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 2m

Dale Stephens is ill and out of the squad for tomorrow night #bhafc

Probably depressed after playing so well against Bolton and then being inexplicably relegated to the bench in place of a loanee.

Wednesday :lol: No, after the shambles of Saturday it would be good if the squad could actually play to their perceived individual strengths and get 3pts. We are better than them.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Never understood the obsession to previous meetings. The last time we played at Hillsborough we had a different manager and almost a completely different team..

Go for the win, give the fans who will be travelling to Sheffield on a Tuesday night something cheer for.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If we can't win at Wednesday (on Tuesday) we don't deserve to go up or even make the play-offs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We're not good enough for the top six. I have never demanded we finish in the play-offs and at no point have I been confident we would. Every time it starts to look like we're moving into a good position or have an opportunity, we mess it up with a terrible performance and a bad result. We've been doing it all season, it's far too often to be coincidence now, and these constant reminders of our weaknesses are why we don't deserve to make it. There are far too many flaws in our squad/team/set-up to be corrected at such a late stage to make us contenders. I just hope we keep the season going as long as possible because dead rubbers really are terrible to watch, and finish in a respectable top 8 position.

So onto Sheffield Wednesday, yes I would take a point because they're in good form and it'll be extremely tough to win. Hopefully we'll get a draw there and beat Middlesbrough on Saturday just to keep things interesting. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose tomorrow and draw on Saturday.

Sorry but nonsense. If we finish in the top 6, we deserve to. Simple as that. Saturday was NOT a "terrible performance".

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Looking at Wednesday's current form in the last 10 games (home and away) they've won 5 and lost 5 so they must be due a draw!

This table shows the current form for the Championship over the last 6 and the last 10 games (home and away):

http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For a team chasing promotion in late March, it was a terrible performance. I think you might be in a minority if you think it was in any way acceptable.

It was POOR in front of goal, and also poor as Greer said that we abandoned our passin principles 2nd half. 1st half we utterly dominated and would've been 2/3-0 on another day. Just need to keep being clinical. We'd played worse than that and won this season, no question.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It wasn't just poor in front of goal. It was totally ineffective in midfield. Forster-Caskey and Andrews have no place in a team with our supposed ambitions and their pedestrian and lethargic style left us struggling to create anything of note through the centre of the pitch. Ince also had a poor game by his standards, just like he did last week at Bolton, where I thought he was the only one of our players to have a bad afternoon. This is a key area when a team is just sitting back against us. As such, we were entirely reliant on Buckley (who I thought was one of the few to put in a good display) and Lingard to supply Leonardo. It's just not enough threat, there are not enough goalscorers on the pitch, it is too one-paced and the entire gameplan is too cagey for a team in our position at this stage of the season. Having said that, as feeble as we were going forward, the least we should be doing in a game like that is realising that Ipswich aren't much good either and grinding out a boring 0-0 so that we at least take a point, but some woeful defending meant we couldn't even do that. So, in my opinion, it was a terrible performance from the players and the manager, and that's one of very few times I've said that this season.

This

:bowdown:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We want games to finish with a clear result. If all our remaining fixtures finish as such, and we can win six of them, I think we'll make the play offs. So, given that we didn't win on Saturday, but have been on a run of fixtures with clear results, I would not take a point against Wednesday, and would swap it for a clear result, which is exactly my view on ALL our remaining fixtures in the Championship.
If we make the play-offs, I'd take a draw in the away fixture, but that is all.
Mellotron is right about Ipswich, we were good in the first half, and made a number of chances throughout the game. What's strange with our home fixtures of late, is that our performances have bore little resemblance to the result, and we can say more or less the same for the opposition:
Wigan: we were clearly better than them during the match, but they were well organised and took their chances well
Reading: we were better than them for 50 minutes
QPR: they were clearly better than us, but we were well organised and took our chances well, and created one chance extremely well
Ipswich: it was a fairly even game, in which we had a couple of defensive hiccups, which is rare for us this season

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We're not good enough for the top six. I have never demanded we finish in the play-offs and at no point have I been confident we would. Every time it starts to look like we're moving into a good position or have an opportunity, we mess it up with a terrible performance and a bad result. We've been doing it all season, it's far too often to be coincidence now, and these constant reminders of our weaknesses are why we don't deserve to make it. There are far too many flaws in our squad/team/set-up to be corrected at such a late stage to make us contenders. I just hope we keep the season going as long as possible because dead rubbers really are terrible to watch, and finish in a respectable top 8 position.

Praise the Lord, for the play-off system.

Imagine how TEDIOUS this season would have been from about January onwards, in the old system.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Need a win of course, but then every game is a must win.

Predicted nothing more than a point from this at the beginning of the season, and I doubt im going to be wrong.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For a team chasing promotion in late March, it was a terrible performance. I think you might be in a minority if you think it was in any way acceptable.

It was disappointing but not terrible. A terrible performance would see us being completely outplayed, and to be fair we weren't. We were undone but a good side on a set piece. We've played worse and won this season (Millwall most recent example). We really did need Lingard's chance, or Ulloa's to go in in that first half. As the misses racked up, you could sense the players getting more tense in front of goal.

I was fairly happy at half time, thought it was a good game. We were just a bit naive 2nd half. Wasn't terrible though.

I'd take a point at Wednesday hoping for a big win on Saturday that would put us on 60 pts with 10 to play. I think that gives us a great chance. (we were on 59pts after 38 games last season...).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It wasn't just poor in front of goal. It was totally ineffective in midfield. Forster-Caskey and Andrews have no place in a team with our supposed ambitions and their pedestrian and lethargic style left us struggling to create anything of note through the centre of the pitch. Ince also had a poor game by his standards, just like he did last week at Bolton, where I thought he was the only one of our players to have a bad afternoon. This is a key area when a team is just sitting back against us. As such, we were entirely reliant on Buckley (who I thought was one of the few to put in a good display) and Lingard to supply Leonardo. It's just not enough threat, there are not enough goalscorers on the pitch, it is too one-paced and the entire gameplan is too cagey for a team in our position at this stage of the season. Having said that, as feeble as we were going forward, the least we should be doing in a game like that is realising that Ipswich aren't much good either and grinding out a boring 0-0 so that we at least take a point, but some woeful defending meant we couldn't even do that. So, in my opinion, it was a terrible performance from the players and the manager, and that's one of very few times I've said that this season.

I'm replying as I go down thread, and I partly agree, I was disappointed to see both Andrews and JFC in there together, but I guess with Stevens injured his options were limited. Perhaps Lingard could have played the 3rd midfielder and Lua Lua out wide, but crikey, I could also see us getting thumped if that didn't work out. It was noticeable that neither Ince, JFC or Andrews looked like getting into a position to score making the absense of Crofts all the more painful.

What would you have done differently in terms of selection?

That said, I still wouldn't describe it as a terrible performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here