Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take a point at Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: ?

Would you take a point at Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: ?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need at least 9 points from

Wednesday :lolol:
Blackburn
Barnsley
Leicester
Huddersfield
Forest

away.

I suggest Wednesday :lolol: is a match we should really look at getting 3 of the 9 from.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
We're not good enough for the top six. I have never demanded we finish in the play-offs and at no point have I been confident we would. Every time it starts to look like we're moving into a good position or have an opportunity, we mess it up with a terrible performance and a bad result. We've been doing it all season, it's far too often to be coincidence now, and these constant reminders of our weaknesses are why we don't deserve to make it. There are far too many flaws in our squad/team/set-up to be corrected at such a late stage to make us contenders. I just hope we keep the season going as long as possible because dead rubbers really are terrible to watch, and finish in a respectable top 8 position.

So onto Sheffield Wednesday, yes I would take a point because they're in good form and it'll be extremely tough to win. Hopefully we'll get a draw there and beat Middlesbrough on Saturday just to keep things interesting. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose tomorrow and draw on Saturday.

When was it you started posting sensible comments?

I agree. I reckon we will get FA tomorrow night.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I reckon we need 73pts min for 6th place. Home form will be the key and alas it is the home form why we are not in a play off position now. Boro, Charlton, Blackpool and Yeovil at home is just about as good as you could have hoped for, although three of those will be fighting for their lives, but saying that they are down there for a reason. 9pts from 4 home games and 8pts from 6 away games should do it. If we can take 6 points from our next 4 games, we will be in with a shout. Any less and I think it's game over. A draw tomorrow night wouldn't be the end of the world but a loss would really heap the pressure on.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I must have been watching a different game to those who thought our first half performance on Saturday was 'good'

I thought we lacked pace and were far too pedestrian in midfield.

We need to win our home games. A midfield three of Ince, Andrews and JFC doesn't offer enough goal threat.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I must have been watching a different game to those who thought our first half performance on Saturday was 'good'

I thought we lacked pace and were far too pedestrian in midfield.

We need to win our home games. A midfield three of Ince, Andrews and JFC doesn't offer enough goal threat.

Agree with this there was such a lack of pace that it was painful at times, not the end of the world and not our worst performance but by the same token it was not a good performance for a team with play off ambitions.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have to agree with CB in that Andrews and JFC should at best be on the bench. I'm sure Stephens and Orlandi would be figuring if fit but we cannot be the only ones with an injury list, surely ? Our midfield on Saturday was pants. No point letting Ince play to far forward he hasn't got that sort of ability (yet) so we need some creative players further up and Saturday they just were not there.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I reckon we need 73pts min for 6th place. Home form will be the key and alas it is the home form why we are not in a play off position now. Boro, Charlton, Blackpool and Yeovil at home is just about as good as you could have hoped for, although three of those will be fighting for their lives, but saying that they are down there for a reason. 9pts from 4 home games and 8pts from 6 away games should do it. If we can take 6 points from our next 4 games, we will be in with a shout. Any less and I think it's game over. A draw tomorrow night wouldn't be the end of the world but a loss would really heap the pressure on.

agree..and the sooner we get the points the better...otherwise the pressure is surely going to mount

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No-one is complaining about the performance against Bolton, where we had fewer clear cut chances than against Ipswich. The difference between in that game was that Buckley took his 2 chances, TK had a tidy game, and we had a stroke of luck with a marginal offside decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here