Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take a point against Forest AWAY now?

Would you take a draw against Forest in 2 weeks' time?

• Total voters

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
No, simply because we can beat them. Forest will be tougher than Palarse but i believe that yesterdays win has given the players the belief that they can go away and beat Notts Forest.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I will completely forgive you for coming away from the game annoyed at our style, we'll be a bit dirty, waste time and foul your talented players.
Oh great. Not sure I want to go now.

But I do think it has the makings of a cracker, and here's hoping we both ensure that Leicester fail to make the top 6 this season!
I could live with that :)

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
No, I wouldn't take the point NOW, because, as Gus says, on the day anybody can beat anybody in this division, and we shouldn't fear any team.

Ask me after the match, though, and if we've drawn then I'll call it a good away point. Beating Leicester would then still put us above them (even if they've won on Easter weekend).
On current form, I feel Leicester are the more likely team for us to be able to overtake anyway.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Is my diary wrong as I have us down to play charlton before the Leicester game. Nobody seems to be mentioning that game?. Am gonna checke the seagulls website because I maybe wrong.

Good point - forgot about the midweek match, so now I'm excited that our next home match will come earlier than I was thinking!

adamisgod5

Banned
Feb 21, 2009
Hove
i reckon we're gonna get hammered like 4-0 or something, also really dont think we'll make play offs, probably finish 10th tbh absolute disgrace

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
A point is better than nothing but what's the point of football if you can't have a go? Forest will lose before the end of the season at least twice. One by us. C'MON.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
i reckon we're gonna get hammered like 4-0 or something, also really dont think we'll make play offs, probably finish 10th tbh absolute disgrace

5 posts in 4 years? You can keep posting that (in)frequently if they're all gonna be like that! :whistle: :lolol:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Yes. As I said yesterday they're in superb form and a point would keep us in touch, if they win (which I think is highly likely) then I doubt we'll catch them.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Given the confidence that must come with the Palace win, and the slip ups at Bristol and Barnsley, then no. If we want to be in the mix then I feel we need to exert pressure now.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Given the confidence that must come with the Palace win, and the slip ups at Bristol and Barnsley, then no. If we want to be in the mix then I feel we need to exert pressure now.

All good but Gus might see a draw as another point to the total and nicking 2 off of Forest. In that respect you can see it as 3 points gained!

Problem is when we set out with the sole intention of stopping the opposition scoring (protecting a lead) we aren't very good at it. So I hope Gus is of the same view as you and we go up there with the objective of winning the game.

In saying that I'd still be very happy with a point

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Id more than take a point, they are on great form at the moment and it would be difficult to get a win. A win would be a FANTASTIC result though.

Would be result of the season given their current form and the importance/current placings.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I would take a point,yes deffo. Although i would play all out for the win. Win at home and get one win away and i think that will be enough.Hense throw the kitchen link at them.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Providing Leicester don't win against Millwall, then yes

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
If Leicester keep Pearson at the helm until the end of the season i think we'll finish above them. As i mentioned on another thread yesterday, i've heard rumours that Pearson has a bad relationship with certain members of his squad. Wood included. Which would maybe explain his/Leicester's recent loss of form.

We need to have a go at Forest in a fortnight's time. We've certainly got the offensive players now to give them and others in the run-in plenty to worry about.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not sure everyone gets the whole 'would you take a point' thing.

Taking a point isn't that you believe we can only draw, or that we are not good enough to win, or that we go there looking for a draw. Taking the point 'now' in advance of the game is not a 'prediction' of the result, it is simply a hypothetical question on whether you'd be happy with that at the end.

Anyone that wouldn't take a point right now has surely been at the funny salt!?

Of course we can go there and win, hopefully we will, and with a positive attitude, but equally, and statistically given our away form we could also lose. A point therefore, in the great scheme of things would be a very fine result indeed. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here