Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you sign Halford permanently?

Would you sign Halford permanently?

• Total voters

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yes. Out of contract so no fee.

Probably not expensive wage wise.

Versatile player that would provide cover when needed and sit on the bench when not.

in a nutshell

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He's out of contract and will be in no rush to sign for anyone, I expect someone else to offer more than we will.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My money is on Halford gaining promotion next season, with another club.

Then we can all get behind the thread slating the club for no ambition, as yet another former 'hero' is earning a living at the top table.

Have you actually seen him play? What, apart from a chance for a bit of sarcasm, makes you think any team in with a shout of promotion would want him? I saw nothing to put him above average, not shit, not great just average.

You can go large on my serving of humble pie if this prediction of yours comes about. ( Personally think he'll be playing for us)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have you actually seen him play? What, apart from a chance for a bit of sarcasm, makes you think any team in with a shout of promotion would want him? I saw nothing to put him above average, not shit, not great just average.

You can go large on my serving of humble pie if this prediction of yours comes about. ( Personally think he'll be playing for us)
Recent history would suggest my sarcasm laden weary point might not be as stupid as it sounds.

On a similar theme I sarcastically 'joked' we'd draw our remaining 16 games 0-0.

Who's laughing now :down: :lol:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Yes - lots of experience at this level, versatile across the back and a howitzer of a throw too.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Amazing. almost the same number of people who want him also don't want him. Proof if needed that football is a game of opinions with the addition of a few fence sitters not able to decide :rolleyes:.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Amazing. 50% like 50% don't. Proof if need that football is a game of opinions.

Disagree a bit. I'd imagine there are people who voted yes and people who voted no, who have pretty similar opinions of Halford as a player - that he's a limited but passable, championship CB.

The difference in voting is just whether you think a limited, passable championship CB is worth adding to the squad!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Disagree a bit. I'd imagine there are people who voted yes and people who voted no, who have pretty similar opinions of Halford as a player - that he's a limited but passable, championship CB.

The difference in voting is just whether you think a limited, passable championship CB is worth adding to the squad!

True enough, I'm aiming higher at this stage, maybe come August I'll be thrilled to see him in an Albion shirt again, depending on the business we do.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Too many goals let in as a result of his mistakes. He has some quality on the ball and good throw ins, but as a defender he would not be in my first choice XI.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Clear Out Your Clutter Day.png

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Amazing. almost the same number of people who want him also don't want him. Proof if needed that football is a game of opinions with the addition of a few fence sitters not able to decide :rolleyes:.

I hate having to add the fence option to a poll, but do so for the quiet life because of the amount of people who bitch if you don't.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He wasn't too bad for us, but on the basis that I'm badly hoping we can find somebody better, it's a no from me.

Couple of errors in the last few games (as have Dunk and Greer too), and hasn't really struck me at any stage as the sort of dominant centre half we've lacked since Upson left.

He'd be the sort of last resort, gap-filling signing that I pray we aren't going to need next season (please, Tony).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Probably OK as 3rd choice central defender, but a lot depends on what happens with Dunk and Greer, and which other defensive targets we have.

I'd wait and see what happens with other signings, no need to rush to sign Halford.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He hasn't had a lot of game time and we could do a lot worse. Knowing what happens during the transfer window you can spend a lot of time on target A, then fail, whilst target B goes to another club. I would be happy if we signed him before pre-season and spent more time on the other positions. I don't see us suddenly signing a marquee CB anytime soon.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Big fat no.
Would hope the club are looking at far better

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's an impossible question to answer without seeing the deal and what else is availible for the same price.

I don't think he's a first team regular for a side gunning to go up from this league. However, I think he's a very handy man to have around as a squad player.

This is the answer for me. Not good enough to help get us promoted, but a player who can play in 3/4 positions as cover for a smallish sum would be a good move especially in an FFP world. Do we need him and Calderon as older cover? Not so sure on that one, depends on budget and aspirations really...

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Shirley he wants 1st team action,on a wage close to what Notts Forest were paying him !!!!!He might not want to come .......,,.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here