Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you rather England win the World Cup or Brighton win promotion?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Don't buy this Albion will get promoted eventually argument, even breaking the rules and throwing a lot of money at it is no guarantee of success.
This question has been asked on here many times before - you'll get a very different answer depending on when it's asked.

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
Sticking strictly to the op question I would take a World Cup win.i would trade that if the prize on offer was a major trophy or(fantasy time) a prem title.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I'd give the same reply no matter what time the question is asked. For me, the absolute pinnacle of being a football fan would be seeing your country lift the World Cup

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I would love England to win the World Cup but it simply won't happen again. At least Brighton have some hope/chance of promotion whereas England will never be good enough again to beat the best in the world. Other countries find it so easy to get motivated to play England.

Brighton every time for me these days.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
And, of course, that is the major money-making opportunity for any England player. Credit to them for that tho' - the poor hard-done-by poverty-stricken lambs.

After all, they only take home about £100k plus per week basic whilst they're playing. Then it all stops. How will they survive after leaving the game?

I never understand this viewpoint. It's like when Beckham donated his PSG salary to charity and got slated for it. People saying it made no difference to him. So? He didn't have to do it. It would make no difference to a lot of people to give £100 to charity every month. Do they do it? No. I'm yet to see a footballer claiming they are a poor, hard-done-by, poverty stricken lamb. What are they supposed to do, ask if they can be paid less?

Starving people in Africa could think that someone earning £15K a year in Brighton is obscene. Does that mean that person should ask for a pay cut?

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
Not only would I take England winning the World Cup over Brighton getting promoted, I'd also take it over Brighton winning the Premiership, Champions' League, FA Cup, League Cup and World Club Championship quintuple.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This. I never understand the club over country brigade. The buzz in this country if England won the World Cup would be a once in a lifetime experience, it would be the best Summer ever. And virtually everyone you know will be involved. Brighton going up will be great, but it is going to happen anyway at some point in the next few years, and I'd only get to celebrate it with a few Albion supporting mates. England all the way.

It's cos there is no debate! You can love both it's no problem - an there's nothing to 'compare' . These hypothetical questions do my nut in!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton fans my @rse! I hope all you England fans enjoy your 'heroes' game tonight. No, honestly ;-)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Only one of these is possible - promotion - unless England are awarded the 2022 finals instead of Qatar!

That is 8 years away. The change needed to see England be competitive is massive. Money is the most important thing in the eyes of the FA and Premier League clubs and all the while that continues we are going to have a national side getting weaker and weaker. All the nonsense spouted about the world's top players want to play in the Premier League so don't dare set limits or we'll see them all leave-fecking good, let 'em go so we can develop our native players instead.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
This. I never understand the club over country brigade. The buzz in this country if England won the World Cup would be a once in a lifetime experience, it would be the best Summer ever. And virtually everyone you know will be involved. Brighton going up will be great, but it is going to happen anyway at some point in the next few years, and I'd only get to celebrate it with a few Albion supporting mates. England all the way.

Absolutely this to a tee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here