Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you rather be Reading or Brighton...?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nobody loses at Birmingham!

Those people who believe Oscar Garcia can't possibly inspire our team because he [is not animated enough/lacks passion/ has his hands in his pocket on the touchline*] should take a look at Lee Clark's permanently hangdog expression and miserable post-match interviews.

*delete as applicable

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Basically there are three cup finals the question is who bottles it

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Please let Dan Harding start for Forest.

etc

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know we have won there in recent years, as I remember going up for the game. Not sure of the year, maybe the mid 2000s?

I know it was a midweek game, as I was walking out of the ground afterwards and some angry local drove his car into me because I didn't hear him coming and didn't walk out of the road quickly enough for his liking (there were hundreds of Forest fans around in the road at the same time, but he was obviously upset by the sight of my blue and white scarf).

For an extra nice touch, he shouted some sort of filthy abuse at me out of the window once he'd knocked me out of the way with his front bumper.

By sheer bad luck, I was carrying a bottle of Coke at the time, and I was so shocked by the incident, I accidentally spilled the entire contents through his open window. over him and down his car. Which was unfortunate :angel: :banana:

2004 we won 1-0 Virgo

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lot of straw clutching here

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Nobody loses at Birmingham!

Those people who believe Oscar Garcia can't possibly inspire our team because he [is not animated enough/lacks passion/ has his hands in his pocket on the touchline*] should take a look at Lee Clark's permanently hangdog expression and miserable post-match interviews.

*delete as applicable

Even WE won there, what does that tell you?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Even WE won there, what does that tell you?

Would have won there two seasons in a row now if Kuszczak hadn't thrown one in late on in last season's game.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We'll win at Forest and Reading will win at home and it'll be game over, BBC cameras on Final Score showing usual end of season bag of lower league crowd reactions around the grounds as respective fates hit home at the final whistle - euphoria and despair as the Thames Valley Hoops claim their rightful place in the playoffs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think Burnley will make it easy, and Reading will have to go for the win. Meanwhile, Forest are simply waiting for Pearce. I like our chances.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The big factor is Reading are at home.

I think that means Reading will be giving everything. I doubt Burnley will be. If Burnley were at home then maybe we would have the edge.

I actually think if Birmingham can get their arses into gear and beat Wigan then we have every chance of catching them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wasn't PIG it was Casper who let the ball go through him....other than that, carry on!

Have I got them the wrong way round then? I thought it was Kuszczak who ballsed up at Birmingham in the last minute, and Ankergren at Forest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here