Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Simple Yes or No.
I'll get the ball rolling, No.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Personally I would have, at least before he decided to leak his disquiet over the lack of an offer of a new contract to the press, but as I am unaware of the precise impact of his actions internally I am prepared to assume that the situation he created was sufficiently untenable for the management team to have to move him on. I am an Albion fan first and foremost and players and managers come and go. No matter what I will back the team.

That said, as a manager in industry I can quite understand the situation Poyet found himself in once Nicky went public in the way he did. I personally think that the catalyst of offering el abd a contract before christmas and then making the (entirely justifiable based on our league standing) decision not to negotiate with any other players was niaive - the action of a first-time manager and one that I suspect he has regretted and hope he has learned from.

Unfortunately I think Nicky then decided that he could claim the upper hand by going public and "get one over" on the manager. He miscalculated and paid the price. Regrettably perhaps I really don't see a way back from here.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes but on greatly reduced terms as a back up to Murray and any other striker that we sign in the summer. He probably wouldnt accept those terms as he would hope to get a deal with another Div 1 side like Orient , Gillingham or Millwall. Or even a Div 2 side like Aldershot, Barnet Wycombe Dagenham etc which would mean that he doesnt have to move away again, remember he has to consider his family at this stage of his career.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's a no from me, next year we need to be strong, fit, consistent with strikers on fire ... great servant, been a great player but no place for sentiment as we follow the dream of Champions League football at Falmer (OK, Championship to be getting on with)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If we get a younger better striker in then all well and good but so far we havent' been able to do that. It would have been better to have Forster on a years contract and scoring goals or, if we got a better striker in, sitting on the bench. At the moment, we have one quality striker in Murray and we live on a prayer that he doesn't get injured.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus doesn't appear to want him so it has to be a no.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yes - but as I've said elsewhere, Poyet is worried by the 'Foz' factor - too smart to be 'just' a footballer.

Not sure about the first bit but I would agree with that assessment of Forster and hope that he makes it in management:clap:

I'm quite looking forward to the binfest on here when/if Murray gets booked on Saturday for kicking the ball away. How many games will he be suspended for? It's got to be worth 20 pages on here at least..........................:lolol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not now.Poyet has sent out a clear message to all other players thinking of holding the club to ransom that he won't put up with it regardless how important the player is for us.
That's a good sign of a strong manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports