Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you buy a Peugeot?

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Always avoid French cars where possible. Crap electrics (came down one morning to find the wipers on my Peugeot had been running overnight, it hadn't rained for days), my Reault Laguna's fuel pump randomly decided to stick occassionally necessitating the need to enter the boot with a hammer in hand to free it before the car would start! Friend of mine was a dealer principle selling Peugeots, he was very happy with them as his workshop was always busy, usually over half of the work was warranty stuff with guaranteed payment from Peugeot!

Stick with German, or Japanese if on a budget.

Good advice.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I've always had German cars but foolishly allowed my partner to convince me get a Peugeot 208 because "they're easy to drive". The sat nav went haywire after a week, the Bluetooth stopped working after three weeks and the complete boot locking mechanism just fell out onto the road after shutting the boot about six weeks after purchase. Suffice to say am now looking to get rid, safe in the knowledge that we'll loose up to 40% of the purchase cost in depreciation (if we can find a buyer that is). So to those who say they've improved ..............

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
My girlfriend and I are just about to buy our first car. For the money we have available there seems to be a lot of Peugeots going. All seems well, until I started reading some reviews: the term "dodgy electronics" kept popping up.

So would you recommend the Peugeot range? All help is greatly received as I'm getting abit lost in it all now. I thought car shopping was supposed to be fun.....

No. It's French = shit

Dandyman

In London village.
I've owned a couple of Pugs in the past (205 Gti 1.6 and 1.9) - both great to drive. Build quality may not be up to German standards but you won't feel you are driving concrete either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here