Would You Be In Favour Of Mandatory Mask Wearing Again?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
[tweet]1450924911501979654[/tweet]

Anyone from this thread here? Utter c####

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
[tweet]1450924911501979654[/tweet]

Anyone from this thread here? Utter c####

I know I shouldn’t laugh, but couldn’t help myself.

I sincerely hope the second these morons left that the member of staff put the envelopes straight in the bin without opening them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think this current regime politically don't like telling people to do anything and are very challenged internally when they do.

They don't, and when it all goes wrong they aren't interesting in taking any responsibility for their decisions (or lack of).

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
They don't, and when it all goes wrong they aren't interesting in taking any responsibility for their decisions (or lack of).

That's because, since the Stay Alert message they have put the onus of responsibility firmly on the public.

That way if this does go tits up this winter it will be OUR fault.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's because, since the Stay Alert message they have put the onus of responsibility firmly on the public.

To a degree it will be……so many people having decided it’s over and no caution whatsoever is necessary, or the mentalists that have decided it’s some kind of conspiracy.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

You can see if already yesterday from Javid laying the foundations for this

It may be other countries are completely wrong with their Co2 monitors, facemasks and Covid passports and come Christmas we're be sitting pretty.

Seems a long time ago the government were clapping the NHS, I fear for all those on the frontline this winter

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
My GP used the vaccination hub at Brighton Racecourse, which was very efficient when I went.

I had my flu jab at the surgery on 9th October.

Just a heads up TB, my wife (identified as clinically extremely vulnerable) and I had our second jab on April 11th. We were waiting for a call for the booster third jab, the advice given on the gov web site indicated that health care and social care staff were being targeted first as a priority and to wait for an invite from the NHS for other members of society. My wife then read on social media that our local vaccination centre at the Soveriegn centre here in Eastbourne were accepting 'walk in' recipients for jabbing, we attended there yesterday morning and from my personal observations a good percentage of attendees were the same as us, just walk ins, with a minority of attendees having been previously invited. This was obviously just a small observation whilst at the check in desk and while queuing, both for check in and for jabbing, as the queue system snaked around the desk area. My advice for anyone wanting their booster after their six month interval has lapsed, is to attend Ad hoc rather than waiting for invitation.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Most of the people dying are fully vaccinated.

In the most recent period (13 Sept - 10 Oct) there were 2,805 Covid deaths, of which:

- 2,136 of them were fully-vaccinated (two doses)
- 557 of were unvaccinated people (no doses)

There's a huge amount of context to this I can't be arsed to go into at midnight, but these numbers absolutely do NOT illustrate that "vaccines do not work". They do however, illustrate that decent people who did the right thing are tragically losing their lives in high numbers.

Just for anyone who is thinking "Hang on, do vaccines work?"...

- This time last year, 100% of people who were dying were unvaccinated (as we did not have vaccines).
- If we did reach the holy grail of vaccinating every person in the country (we won't obviously - it's hypothetical), 100% of deaths would be of fully vaccinated people.

Very interesting Bozza , at first glance it would appear that these figures are bad for vaccines but given the % vaccinated and the fact that a good deal of the unvaccinated are probably also being more cautious than those double jabbed then you would expect the figures to be even more unbalanced . It would be good to know for context what % of each group who catch covid go on to have serious problems which result in fatalities . Also worth considering that behind these figures is the stark reality of many grieving families and much sadness .

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Very interesting Bozza , at first glance it would appear that these figures are bad for vaccines but given the % vaccinated and the fact that a good deal of the unvaccinated are probably also being more cautious than those double jabbed then you would expect the figures to be even more unbalanced . It would be good to know for context what % of each group who catch covid go on to have serious problems which result in fatalities . Also worth considering that behind these figures is the stark reality of many grieving families and much sadness .

It's not really bad for vaccines, 90% of the adult population is fully vaccinated so statistically there are going to be more deaths in that category.

Lots of good info here:https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...icles/coronaviruscovid19latestinsights/deaths

As you'd expect most covid deaths are in the over 75s, there's also a high % of deaths with pre-existing health conditions.

It would be interesting to see vaccination status of the 50ish people in the 25-55 age range that died but I can't find that anywhere.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Just a heads up TB, my wife (identified as clinically extremely vulnerable) and I had our second jab on April 11th. We were waiting for a call for the booster third jab, the advice given on the gov web site indicated that health care and social care staff were being targeted first as a priority and to wait for an invite from the NHS for other members of society. My wife then read on social media that our local vaccination centre at the Soveriegn centre here in Eastbourne were accepting 'walk in' recipients for jabbing, we attended there yesterday morning and from my personal observations a good percentage of attendees were the same as us, just walk ins, with a minority of attendees having been previously invited. This was obviously just a small observation whilst at the check in desk and while queuing, both for check in and for jabbing, as the queue system snaked around the desk area. My advice for anyone wanting their booster after their six month interval has lapsed, is to attend Ad hoc rather than waiting for invitation.

Clearly the phrase I used "invitation" is ambiguous, but I still stick by you can't book a booster on the NHS app unless 6 months has elapsed, or you HAVE been sent an invite.

Was the walk in centre taking people under 6 months from last jab?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Clearly the phrase I used "invitation" is ambiguous, but I still stick by you can't book a booster on the NHS app unless 6 months has elapsed, or you HAVE been sent an invite.

[MENTION=34290]golden[/MENTION]e was answering me, as I have now had 6 months lapsed since my last jab. As you can see in the post you quoted, goldene had his second jab on 11th April, so he too, was past the 6 months date.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
[MENTION=34290]golden[/MENTION]e was answering me, as I have now had 6 months lapsed since my last jab. As you can see in the post you quoted, goldene had his second jab on 11th April, so he too, was past the 6 months date.

Glad you managed to get yours done...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Most of the people dying are fully vaccinated.

In the most recent period (13 Sept - 10 Oct) there were 2,805 Covid deaths, of which:

- 2,136 of them were fully-vaccinated (two doses)
- 557 of were unvaccinated people (no doses)

There's a huge amount of context to this I can't be arsed to go into at midnight, but these numbers absolutely do NOT illustrate that "vaccines do not work". They do however, illustrate that decent people who did the right thing are tragically losing their lives in high numbers.

Just for anyone who is thinking "Hang on, do vaccines work?"...

- This time last year, 100% of people who were dying were unvaccinated (as we did not have vaccines).
- If we did reach the holy grail of vaccinating every person in the country (we won't obviously - it's hypothetical), 100% of deaths would be of fully vaccinated people.

This is a well worth a read. Vaccines work, but the vulnerable still need to be careful.

https://www.reuters.com/business/he...if-vaccinated-italian-study-shows-2021-10-20/

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

Sorry how I came across if it appears I was in any way making a point. My sole intention by posting what I did was for informative reasons alone. As stated my wife and I were waiting for invitation for booster vaccination and all the news outlets seemed to surmise that booster uptake was not being taken up. This from my experience was lack of invitation, not recipients unwilling to uptake the vaccine. We therefore took advice from social media and attended our vaccine centre which we had attended for our second vaccine during April. The majority of attendees I overheard were like us, seeking booster jabs after the six month period had elapsed and I must add, the staff we spoke to were happy that people were going for their jabs even though not formally invited.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I know I shouldn’t laugh, but couldn’t help myself.

I sincerely hope the second these morons left that the member of staff put the envelopes straight in the bin without opening them.

I know. Furious as these people make me, it is also funny as ****. The pope!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports